cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: 2TB Option?

Will there be a 2 TB option for personal accounts?

D C.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am running out of space with my 1TB drive. Is there an option to get 2TB? I know about Dropbox for business, with 5 Tb, but the price is just not compatible with my needs. It is too big a jump from 1Tb price to minimum of 5 users at $ 15 each.

70 Replies 70

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

wesbright wrote:
I cannot justify paying a 350% increase for the next tier of the same service. 

Just to point out, it's not the same service when you move to Business or Enterprise. There are many additional features and options when using the business class products which easily justify the additional costs. In addition to the enterprise-level features, there is also business-class support (live chat, phone, etc.) that you do not get with Basic or Plus accounts.

Simply put, you cannot compare the pricing/storage of Plus to Business/Enterprise as a simple apples to apples comparison. There is much more involved in the business class products.

wesbright
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, but I don't need an enterprise class product. I just want more storage.  More of the same offer.   I don't need those additional features and options. Going from 30 to 120 days of file recovery would be nice, but no other features (as I understand them) are of interest to me.    Not even chat support, really.  One of the things I like about Dropbox is that it just works-- I don't recall ever contacting support.  

By the way, I'm comparing Plus, the plan I'm currently on, with Standard, the most inexpensive option for getting 2TB.  

I get the need to segment customers (such as SMB vs Enterprise) from a sales & support perspective.   On top of the core product, I'd expect greater access to support, more management features, etc. in an enterprise offering.  But I just want to use the core product more, and a 3.5x premium to do that is irrenconcilable, especially when the scale economics in storage don't work that way. 

It's really a straightforward ask.  Provide a 2TB option.  Heck, provide a 5 or 10TB option.  I don't want to be having the same conversation a couple years from now when I'm at 2.01 TB. 😉  

More storage, please. I'm willing to pay for it.  I'll even pay a little more than 2x... just not 3.5x.   

Dubs
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I completely agree, some great ideas in here. I've been juggling two seperate Dropbox accounts but I hate having all my files in different places, it's unorganized. Dropbox is so obsessed with Business, that there is literally nothing happening on the home user (Plus) end that I have noticed. The only thing good about Business is the free trial and that's it.

www . c.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
"super" user !!

IS compareable. 'cause 1 of 100 need call support. many users will left dropbox. me too. sorry.
I use today dropbox, AND jottacloud. WHY?
YOUR FAULT, DROPBOX! cause we need 2TB or 3TB option.
1TB or business. big space. cheap option-hole "trick" .
Why? "1-2" user will buy business,because no 2Tb option. but <MORE<(!!!) users will left dropbox.
Forever. This is bad business strategy. Just the facts.

Sunflyer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox is more than unwilling to fulfill customer needs.

I found Livedrive!

It is much, much cheaper!

And you can choose the amount of space you need!!!

Presently I use Livedrive AND Dropbox, but will quit Dropbox soon.

Sorry for Dropbox! 

jahshwa
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm moving to Sync.com

I tried contacting Dropbox Sales, and they just gave me that phony polite jibber jabber with zero solutions. Fact is — Dropbox cares nothing about you if you need more than 1TB and don't want a business account. They have phased you out. They are happy to lose your business.

Sync.com gives you 2TB for the same price as Dropbox's 1TB. They seem to want my business. After over 5 years with Dropbox, I'm jumping ship. You clearly don't want my money, anyway.

Cheers.

www . c.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I switched after 3 year Dropbox Pro account to limitless jottacloud! Bye, forever.

Dubs
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Jottacloud sounds awesome, diggin the unlimited storage but my only concern is whether or not they will stick around or go belly up like Copy and several other clouds have in the past. I'm all for competition, but some things are just too good to be true.. :sob:

www . c.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Dubs:
"Jottacloud sounds awesome"
No, Jottacloud IS awesome. Just the real facts. By other users,and my experiences.
It is easy to hate new things and it is difficult to love. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.

www . c.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

and...:
"things are just too bad to be true"
😉

Need more support?