cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 6 digit access code not found

6 digit access code not found

Bingo_needs_help
New member | Level 2

I have been trying to access my dropbox account for the past month and have not received any 6 digit access code when I am trying to login. I don't think my account has been shut down as I have seen in other threads. I NEED these files!

Could you please help me?

10 Replies 10

maher1982
Super User

Hi,

Could you please check the spam/junk folder of your email? Also, consider adding no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, ensure that you are using the correct email address. Additionally, try logging in from a different browser or a private browsing window.

Mark
Super User II

How long ago did you last log in @Bingo_needs_help ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Bingo_needs_help
New member | Level 2

I think I loged in over 1 year ago. I have also checked my spam as well as added no-reply@dropbox.com to my email contacts.

maher1982
Super User

Dropbox deletes inactive accounts. If there's no activity on your Dropbox account for an extended period (about one year), I hope that your files haven't been deleted.

Bingo_needs_help
New member | Level 2

How can I check if my account has been deactivated?

Mark
Super User II

@Bingo_needs_help wrote:

I think I loged in over 1 year ago. I have also checked my spam as well as added no-reply@dropbox.com to my email contacts.

I'm afraid that means the account has been removed, as the other posts said. If you do not log in within 12 months accounts (and all data) are deleted and not recoverable.

Sorry 😞

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Bingo_needs_help
New member | Level 2

How is the best way of contacting Dropbox to be able to verify if my account has been deleted or not?

maher1982
Super User

The best way is to log in using your credentials. If your account is still active, you should be able to access your files. However, Dropbox often sends notifications to the account owner's email address about changes or potential issues with the account. Search your email inbox, including spam and promotions folders, for any messages from Dropbox regarding your account status. If this is not working, I suggest you contact Dropbox support.

Bingo_needs_help
New member | Level 2

I think it was less then 12 month since I used my account.

Need more support?