cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox S is activated when Valorant is active

Dropbox S is activated when Valorant is active

dodisnake
Explorer | Level 3

When I lunch Valorant or during the game Dropbox mode S the type already installed in Win10 appeared in task manager. I try to understand which situation made this. Valorant's (useless) support give me a very worst solution. I just try here to understand what kind of call Valorant make to activate Dropbox in background.

27 Replies 27

Rich
Super User II

@dodisnake wrote:

I just try here to understand what kind of call Valorant make to activate Dropbox in background.

That sounds like something that only Valorant Support would be able to explain. Dropbox isn't going to have any insight into what other applications are doing.

dodisnake
Explorer | Level 3

I put the term useless because no one gave me an answer (even for other problem look like a Valorant server's issue). Only a very lame solution (I don't even know if my message arrived to the programmer area). My idea was if I know how dropbox was called I can understand how Valorant make that call and wrote a message for that support to make a patch. If we put a very wrong/bad way must be a privacy issue from Riot.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dodisnake, could you clarify the exact behavior as it happens step-by-step?

Does it occur the moment you launch Valorant, or after the menu or match begins? What exactly appears on screen?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dodisnake
Explorer | Level 3

It happens some moment later when Valorant start.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Are you using the Dropbox for S Mode app, or do you use the normal Dropbox desktop app for Windows?

Do you have any related app for Valorant that could be trying to access Dropbox? You can see the list of your connected apps from here.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

dodisnake
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox for S mode app already installed in win10. I cannot say if theres another app or programm activate it in background. My investigation started a over a year ago when Valorant became accessible for all and, the server, started to be instable. The different type of problem became more strange. Even I segnalated the song is the same "your (my) pc is the problem". I cannot say precisely but 2 month ago I see that but Valorant's support give me a no professional answer.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Are you using Windows in S Mode, or a virtual machine? What exactly happens when Valorant opens? Could you get a screenshot to show us?

Does the Dropbox for S Mode app pop up over Valorant?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

dodisnake
Explorer | Level 3

I hate windows 10 in S mode. I had a windows 10 PRO I found dropbox mode S app already installed in this copy of mine. When I lunch Valorant (the game not the Riot luncher) this app start in background or immediatly or after a few seconds. No pop-up or other windows. The screenshot may I attach when Valorant finished the update

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dodisnake, sorry to jump in here, but have you tried reinstalling both the Dropbox app and Valorant to see if that improves matters at all?

If your computer supports it, have you considered removing the S mode app and use the desktop app instead? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    dodisnake Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?