cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail dead iMac to old how do i get the one time code?

E-Mail dead iMac to old how do i get the one time code?

Matanuy
New member | Level 2

Situation:

iMac has OS X 10.10.5 installed. dropbox still workes. but not the app. so folders do sinc but i can't start the app. So it dose Sync the folder and data with the shared account. that runs on windows PC. so we can still work work together and get sharea the data. but on windows where the accound is not the owner. we can only delete it from that dropbox account. and now since we cant log in the Mac dropbox account that is the ovner of the data, we cant delete it. we did delete it on the iMac and hope that it would just sync the folders empty. but this was not the case. since the folder are now no longer in the iMac but still online. 

now i do have the password. but since the Mail adress is Dead and dose not longer exists. i have no option to log in to mail dropbox account.

since Dropbox has no support for free accounts. what cna i do?
i do have a backup of all data on both PC's but can i get at least rid of the old account? 
it would be great if i can just use the sync that is alredy working but dropbox just lokes me out of using the app for no reason altoh it still syncs....

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email it isnt possible to change it I'm afraid. 

All you can do is simply set up a new account and connect that to your devices instead. The old account will be deleted automatically after 12 months

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

atonalwilson
New member | Level 2

Hello Everyone,

iPhone and Mac users have to enter Apple ID details so frequently – when buying an app or iTunes music, accessing iCloud email or other services, or updating an OS – that you wouldn’t think we’d forget our passwords. But we do.

Maybe you got confused when Apple made you change to a new password; maybe you picked one that was just too complicated to remember. (Here’s how to choose a good strong password.) Whatever the reason, forgetting the password to your Apple ID account can be a serious pain, so we’re going to explain how to reset it.

Another reason you might not have the password is if you have bought an iPhone, iPad, or other Apple device second-hand and then found that the password and Apple ID haven’t been disassociated from the device. This can cause all sorts of problems when you are setting the device up. In this case, you need to ask the previous owner to remove the device from their Apple iCloud account which they can do by using the Find My app, or going to icloud.com/find logging in and removing the old device (Find the iPhone, select Erase iPhone, then select Remove from Account.)

Thanks,

Atonal

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

atonalwilson New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?