cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Personal / Teams ???

Free team disbanded by Dropbox

MikeMp3
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Team,

Can someone please help with an email I received as below? Not sure what it all means 

The ???? Limited team has been disbanded by Dropbox. Your team’s folders have been converted to shared folders, and all ??? Limited groups have been deleted. Your account has been converted to a personal Dropbox plan.

Reason I ask is that we had a colleague that left our company under bad terms. 

Many thanks in advance. 

114 Replies 114

dcohanlon
Explorer | Level 4

+1 on this issue. Sounds like what I'm experiencing might be related.

I also had a business account in the past, for my own small business. I downgraded that account to personal when I closed the business.

As of today, I can sign into dropbox.com as expected. If I try to log into paper.dropbox.com with the exact same credentials, I get a dead end telling me "You are not a member of the team anymore". What team? That paradigm only made sense when I was a business user, right? O_o

I spent 30 minutes on chat support earlier today trying to get this resolved. We didn't get it resolved and now it's been "escalated" to email. I'm hoping to hear back soon! I'm in the middle of wedding planning and all my stuff is in Dropbox Paper!

dhtax
Helpful | Level 5

See the problem I reported yesterday.  Now my files don't seem to be synching: Changes I make on my hard drive are not appearing online. I can't find any way to tell DB which directory it is supposed to be synching with. Help?

dhtax
Helpful | Level 5

See the problem I reported yesterday (below) since TEAMS was discontinued. Now my files don't seem to be synching: Changes I make on my hard drive are not appearing online. I can't find any way to tell DB which directory it is supposed to be synching with. Help?

Help! I thought the DB notice said that when TEAMS ended our folders would still be available but I couldn't access them. Luckily I had them backed up. I had a large capacity non-TEMS acct to which I added the TEAMS acct years ago when it was available. I copied my backed up folders to that acct but had to re-invite all the sharers. DB seems to think this is a business acct because it prompted me to open a free personal acct. I also took the offer of a free trial STANDARD business acct. So now I'm completely confused as to which acct is which and where my files are. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dhtax, you can check which account Dropbox is connected to by checking the account settings in the Dropbox desktop application. You can also see which folder is syncing from the Sync tab in the desktop app preferences.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

VicNic
New member | Level 2

Hello,

Today I got this message: 

business dropbox removed

Your business Dropbox account was
removed from this computer because
your accounts were unlinked. Your files
have not been deleted.

I can access my account online but I cannot link it to my dropbox app that has my personal account!!!

How can I link it back so I can have my files.

I am also not so fond of the sea that I cannot contact support by email or phone this is very disturbing.

Kind Regards,

Vic

Mark
Super User II

Hi @VicNic 

Lots of messages and emails have gone out about this - Dropbox no longer supports linking of accounts on one computer unless one of the accounts is a paid business one. You can see info https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/team-member/free-teams-overview

The ONLY way to now link is to have a paid for business licence with multiple users as part of the plan. 

To access your other account you can use the website to log on instead. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dilnawaaz
New member | Level 2

Jay, I'm in a similar situation. I can't find any of the folders in my Teams account. This was 2 years of work which i cant afford to lose. The folders or files aren't in the shared tab. Where can I find them? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dilnawaaz, just for clarification, did you have two separate Dropbox accounts, one of which was a free team, or was it just the one account which no longer has a free team on it?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bdsaintess
Explorer | Level 4

Having a similar panic attack this morning when I saw the disbanded email. I had a personal account on the basic plan and a linked teams account upgraded to Dropbox Professional. Linking them let me share the space across the two accounts, but now they're independent of each other and I cannot link them back together. Is there a way to get that linked back or do I need to consolidate down to one account and move everything over? 

Rear Window
New member | Level 2

Good morning.

For many years I have had a Dropbox account that I have always used without problems. I would like to know why without explanation my personal account was suddenly disconnected.

Thanks. Paolo.

Need more support?