cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to upgrade, but I'm unsure if my account will remain active or not.

I want to upgrade, but I'm unsure if my account will remain active or not.

Ratty
Explorer | Level 3

Hi.

My account was <<snip>> anmd I have successfully had an account with you since 2011, paying extra for additional features.

I recently got a message saying dropbox is no longer backing up my data, due to account closure. I am happy to pay again for my subscription. However I would like to check that you won't just close my account and keep my money without any reason or any information about what I can do to address it (like last time).

I have been using Dropbox for years always successfully but suddenly my subscription stopped with no reason, explanation on how to fix it, or any suggestions. I realise that dropbox may have bugs, and I may have been victim of a bug/ I also realise that someone may have pretended to be me and that could have triggered something.

I will happily p[ay again, if that will address the issue and keep me going for years into the future.

I tried the chat and it suggested I ask the question here.

Richard

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Ratty 

What exactly was the error message you received? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ratty
Explorer | Level 3
At the time it happened, I didn’t get a message. It just stopped backing up my data.

Message recently said “ We noticed you're not taking advantage of your Dropbox account. We're presenting new ways to utilize your Dropbox “. This came from an account that does not accept replies but has links in it, so it has signs of a fake email.

Richard

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Ratty, let's jump right into this! 

Dropbox will only interfere with your account in two cases.

The first one being if we notice a breach of our Term of Service and Policy. And the second one being in cases of inactivity

Keep in mind that in the second case, we will send several emails to inform you, and let you know that you need to take action.

I'm not sure what might have happened last time on your end, but the message you mentioned doesn't seem to be related to it. Also, if you wish to confirm if the email you got was a legitimate Dropbox email,  you can always check our official Dropbox domains.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ratty_
New member | Level 2

Hi.

It's not likely to be option 1 as I have been using Dropbox in pretty much the same way for over 10 years. Ditto with option 2.

The only thing I can think of is that you changed your terms of service and the new terms caused a clash. I have been advised to sign up again and pay again to solve the issue.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the speedy response @Ratty_ 

Did you have a convo with our Support about this? 

If so, then do you have a ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Ratty_ New member | Level 2
    Ratty Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?