cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My admin email address has been terminated. Now unable to access business account.

My admin email address has been terminated. Now unable to access business account.

RStephens
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, hoping the community can help because the Dropbox chat feature is not helpful and my correspondence with Dropbox support has not been helpful.

My Dropbox business account was originally setup with an admin user email which has since been terminated.

My admin user no longer has access to our Dropbox account, because the account verification is being sent to an email address which is no longer active.

Dropbox support gave me a list of identification requirements which I have provided to them, however, Dropbox support have not responded after numerous attempts from my end?

Is there any way I can talk to an actual person from Dropbox or is there any other way I can resolve this issue?

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RStephens, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In general, only a team admin would be able to access the admin console for the Dropbox Business team.

Is it not possible to recreate the email address? Is it part of a private business domain name, or a public email provider?

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions. If the Dropbox Business team is still active, then any member of the team when logged in can email support for help. 

Keep me updated with any details.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RStephens
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay.

Thanks for your quick response.

We use a private business domain and have email forwarding from the non-active email to the new email.

I have tested this feature and it works fine, so I am unsure as to why I am not receiving anything from Dropbox (verification codes or password reset).

I took your advice and reactivated the old email address, and I am still not receiving anything from Dropbox.

As mentioned, Dropbox support are not responding to our request for assistance and I cannot even cancel our subscription to Dropbox without access to the Admin user account.

I am very frustrated.

Regards,

RStephens.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RStephens, could you send me your ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on our system, please? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

RStephens
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan.

The latest ticket reference number is 20702503

Thank you.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RStephens, thanks for letting me know more! 

I just checked, and it seems a support agent has just responded back to you with further instructions. 

If you are still unable to receive the verification email, please respond back to the ticket, and let the agent know. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    RStephens Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?