cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate Deactivated Account

Reactivate Deactivated Account

P P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I had a pro account (paid thru Oct.) but had to delete the files and deactivate the account. After review, I realized there were some files that I didn't have saved locally. Now I'm trying to find a way to reactivate that account and access the deleted files. I was told to sign up for the account again using the same email address and sign up for a pro account again. Now that I've done that I still can't see any deleted files. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There's likely no way to recover the files. You deleted the account, so all files and history in that account were likely deleted as well. All you can really do is open a ticket and ask Support.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There's likely no way to recover the files. You deleted the account, so all files and history in that account were likely deleted as well. All you can really do is open a ticket and ask Support.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox have previously said that once an account is deleted the data is removed so as Rich said that is now unrecoverable.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JENITA D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I would like to recover the content of my dropbox account as I do not check my email regularly and did not see the emails that it was about to close. How do I do this?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You cant. 

As has been said - the account is closed. Therefore its closed and deleted. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Humberto L.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Account [email removed by moderator] I tried access this account before be closed and I was unable. 

I should liked recover it or at least open a new account for this email (professional). 

I have another private account for [email removed by moderator] and to that one I have acess.

Regards,

Humberto Leal

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I should liked recover it or at least open a new account for this email (professional). 

You cannot recover an account that has been deleted. Nor can you recover files from a deleted account. Both are gone. You can probably create a new account using the email address of the deleted account as it's no longer active in the system. If not, contact Support.

rexy
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

my account as been closed due to inactivity

how do i recover the content ?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You cant I'm afraid. 

The account has been removed and so has the data - as the emails warned. 

william w.35
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I would like to reactivate my account

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you could post it in the Find Answers section here. ]
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Markus S.7 New member | Level 1
    riri r. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Raquel P.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?