cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 2FA on an account with a previous 2FA code there.

Using 2FA on an account with a previous 2FA code there.

GRDisco
New member | Level 2

I am trying to add Dropbox to a new phone but the 2 factor authentication is set up with a phone number which is not mine any more. How can I proceed? I have the original unique codes.

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

You need to use the recovery codes. 

If it isn't giving you option to use them on phone go to the website and log in that way choosing the recovery code option before disabling 2FA

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

GRDisco
New member | Level 2
I assumed that was the case so I tried to log in on my computer and after is put in the password it gives me with “little” red letters on the top of the screen “unable to process request”.

Mark
Super User II

@GRDisco wrote:
I assumed that was the case so I tried to log in on my computer and after is put in the password it gives me with “little” red letters on the top of the screen “unable to process request”.

Try clearing cache / temp internet files etc. and see if that works. 

If not consider an incognito type window and see if that has a better solution

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    GRDisco New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?