cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with pocketbook sync

Can't login on my PocketBook

dracen658
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

I can't log in to the dropbox via a poketbook. When I open the authorization page, the system does not offer me to enter my username and password.

PB641
YTD908000018002000A4
74:ee:2a:d8:4b:19

20 Replies 20

Mark
Super User II

Are you using a supported app and the most recent versions of Dropbox and PocketBook software?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dracen658
Helpful | Level 5

How can I figure it out?

dracen658
Helpful | Level 5

IMG_20211205_225752.jpg

Mark
Super User II

Is that via a thirdparty app @dracen658 ? If so you need to ask them for help. To me it looks like the software is out of date and not able to connect but you'd need to verify that with the app developer. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dracen658
Helpful | Level 5

That is via PocketBook device. I am not certain if it counts as thirdparty app or not. 

H E Pennypacker
New member | Level 2

I have the exact same problem with my PB625. I tried resetting to factory settings, but without any luck. dracen658 by any chance you found the solution?

BInEl
Explorer | Level 3

I had a problem logging in when syncing with PocketBook 626.

When I try to log into my account (I enter my login and password correctly) and press enter, the circle next to the login button starts to rotate. So it spins for a very long time and nothing happens. As a result, the message "Authorization timed out. Close the browser and try authorization again" appears. The same thing happens on repeat. Latest firmware version.

How can I solve this problem?

Were there any changes in the algorithms of the dropbox that are not supported by the pocketbook?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @BInEl, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Does this device support any current version of the supported browsers?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lczopka
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I can confirm that PocketBook Basic Lux (PB615W) suffers of the very same issue.

I've tried already to factory reset PB to troubleshoot, PB is at the latest firmware available (U615.5.17.999 , Release date: 20171130_151207), I am using Dropbox app available natively.

After navigating to Settings -> Accounts and Synchronization -> Dropbox -> Login -> app goes through 'Authorizing in Dropbox' screen -> after that it displays below screen, with no possibility to enter username or password to continue.

IMG_3606.JPG

After clicking 'New to Dropbox? Create an account' and waiting for a while it will throw below error:

IMG_3607.JPG

Tried different Wi-Fi connections as well however outcome is always the same.

Ideally if new firmware could be arranged with PocketBook vendor after fix implemented ? Alternatively to provide us with dropbox.app and to replace it via USB connection or any other suggestion ?

Any help appreciated, thank for your efforts on this.

Cheers

---

Need more support?