cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable notification about specific folder or App

Disable notification about specific folder or App

nomadicwind
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am using Joplin for notes, and dropbox to save my notes. I get a notification on my Linux machine every time a temp file is added and removed. Which is a lot. I don't want to disable notification for all the activity in Dropbox, but want to disable it for one folder.

Is that possible? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nomadicwind
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

I finally found a potential fix (an acceptable solution) that worked for me.

nomadicwind_0-1659712946855.png

I made my machine's dropbox to not sync the contents of the Joplin folder, so I am now no longer seeing any notifications on any updates or changes happening in it. 

Agreed this is not filtering notifications, but the app still works even if I don't sync the app folder into my local dropbox folder. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@nomadicwind wrote:

I don't want to disable notification for all the activity in Dropbox, but want to disable it for one folder. Is that possible? 

No, it's not.

nomadicwind
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

I finally found a potential fix (an acceptable solution) that worked for me.

nomadicwind_0-1659712946855.png

I made my machine's dropbox to not sync the contents of the Joplin folder, so I am now no longer seeing any notifications on any updates or changes happening in it. 

Agreed this is not filtering notifications, but the app still works even if I don't sync the app folder into my local dropbox folder. 

Aoschin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Year later, I know, bu it did the trick. Thanks very much for idea.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Aoschin New member | Level 2
    nomadicwind Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?