cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double accounts under two different email addresses

Double accounts under two different email addresses

Bat61
New member | Level 2

Apparently in my interactions with Dropbox over the years, I have created two accounts under two different email accounts (it's a surprise to me). My original account, which has my files, I can see in the Finder on my MacBook. However, when I open Dropbox to login, there's a second account under the other email account, and it is empty. So, I can't access my photo files when I login. 

If I go into settings under the second account, and change the email address to that of the original account, will this resolve this issue? I'm afraid to do it in case it does something that will prevent me from accessing my photo files.

Second question: how do I find out if I'm paying for two separate accounts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Bat61, thanks for posting to the Dropbox Community today!

The site won't really allow you to change the email of the empty account to the email of your original account, as an email address can only be associated with one Dropbox account.

However, if you don't want this secondary, empty account, you can simply delete it.

This will of course automatically log you out of it, so you'll be able to login to the correct one on the website as well.

As for paying for two accounts, did you notice double payments in your bank account?

You can use this page to look up transactions and see which Dropbox account they're tied to.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Bat61, thanks for posting to the Dropbox Community today!

The site won't really allow you to change the email of the empty account to the email of your original account, as an email address can only be associated with one Dropbox account.

However, if you don't want this secondary, empty account, you can simply delete it.

This will of course automatically log you out of it, so you'll be able to login to the correct one on the website as well.

As for paying for two accounts, did you notice double payments in your bank account?

You can use this page to look up transactions and see which Dropbox account they're tied to.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Bat61
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much!!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bat61 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?