cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox Sign-in Issue

DropBox Sign-in Issue

Casey3
New member | Level 2

I am having an issue signing into a shared Business Dropbox folder on a browser. 

I can enter my (correct) credentials on the sign-in page, but instead of signing in, the page refreshes and returns to Dropbox home page, with no record of being signed in. 

I have tried on several browsers and the issue is the same. I have tried clearing my cache. My browsers and operating systems are up to date. The only thing that works is to restart my computer. After restarting, I can log into Dropbox once. After I log out, I get stuck in the same log-in loop and need to restart my computer again to log in. I have been working on Dropbox online for a year with no issues, this problem started only a few days ago. Any solutions? 

5 Replies 5

iqgustavo
Explorer | Level 4

To me dropbox paper is essential ... is the best for ideas, projects, todos, collaborate and share, etc... please any help is welcome.

Hoping to give more info...

Same problem of not being able to get to chrome and firefox to pass signin (It only shows small banner message at the top that I'm signed in and that it will be shortly redirected but nothing happens and the small banner disappears)...

I was able to recreate the problem with edge (I was able to signin using my google signin with edge properly and see my documents but then) ... then I tried to install my favorite extensions old-time favorites' and it happened when installing chrome extension NINJA-COOKIE ...

Update ... using brave browser with the same extension gives me no problem ...

I have tried the following:

looked dropbox seemed working on https://downdetector.com/status/dropbox/

no proxys and no vpns, standard automatic DNS with no adblocking.

disabling all extensions

removing all extensions

using incognito

using a new clean slate chrome profile

reinstalling chrome

removing all profiles, going to chrome settings to remove all cache and site data, uninstalling and installing, (including) deleting AppData files, program files and registry items, and reinstalling with new clean profile

but the problem persist ... I am really terrified of having to format all my computer because of perhaps a malfunctioning "ninja-cookie" chrome extension that didn't have problems before dropbox internal modifications on July 21th, 2021. (not blaming, its just that that is when this problem appeared first to me if It's anybody's fault is mine for using the extension)

I even tried an old slow laptop. I opened  dropbox site as usual and logged in without problems but when I restarted for some other reason dropbox.com site stopped letting me in (perhaps chrome updated something internally).

Please any advise is welcome !!!

Tengiris
New member | Level 2
I have the same problem with you, I am using Windows and I used different browser but still not working. I hope they will give us solution.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey guys, thanks for reaching out here!

Do you perhaps have an antivirus or a web security program that might be blocking the Dropbox site?

If so, can you try to whitelist Dropbox on it, and see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

iqgustavo
Explorer | Level 4

I only have bitdefender free antivirus version and it has not blocked this site ... what's more strange is that I can access with brave browser but not with chrome, edge nor firefox ... and for example I can access these comments but the moment I want to post anything it asks me to log into dropbox... I do not have this issue with other websites... you can contact me via whtspp if it could help to troubleshoot.

fanofmets12
New member | Level 2

I had been having issues also login into the web interface for the last week. I tried multiple computers, disabling all plugins on Firefox and Google Chrome, and Edge. I tried this at work and at home and with multiple Dropbox accounts. 

Finally after seeing the advice about antivirus on here. I turned off my Bitdefender free protection and it worked after that. 

Some update recently with Bitdefender is blocking the login to dropbox. 

Once I'm login Bitdefender can be turned back on. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

fanofmets12 New member | Level 2
    iqgustavo Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Tengiris New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?