cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox wants to learn more about your experience with notifications

Dropbox wants to learn more about your experience with notifications

JustinK_
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi Dropbox community!

My name is Justin, a PM on the Desktop experience team. I'm hoping to learn more about your experience with notifications: what's working, what isn't working, what notifications you'd like, which ones you don't. There has been a wealth of comments over the years on this topic and we want to begin addressing the biggest issues

Please (1) share your comments below in a few sentence, and (2) if you'd be open to a quick conversation with Dropbox! We'll follow-up via email (you won't need to post your email below). 

JustinK__0-1710893669126.png

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

They are irritating and annoying - they dont seem to overkill. I have one on my Mac that will not go away, no matter what I do. On both devices the notification centre ones stay on screen unless I tell them to go away - I dont need, nor want, to know about everything that happens on my account constantly in that way. Pop up and say, yes, but then leave. 

Another thought. In the app it says 'Your transfer was downloaded'.... but thats no use at all - which one? By who? When? x days ago is only effective when its a few - after that saying to me 22 days doesnt help.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?