cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification about Background Items isn't going away

How do I end "Background items Added" Notification and/or Process?

Xrated666
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I uninstalled Dropbox but keep getting this annoying notification on my mac that Dropbox is adding items that can run in the background even though the app is deleted and it is disabled in the appropriate setting. How do I get this to end once and for all? Thanks!

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

19 Replies 19

BobDTA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

jamesatkins
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I can't get rid of this relentless notification.

"Dropbox" added items that can run in the background. you can manage this in the Login items settings."
I go to Login items and dropbox starts at login - fine. But the notification just won't got away. This is since the latest update. 168.4.4802 on Ventura 13.2.1
I get this several times per work session. I've turned 'notifications' off for dropbox too.

I'd like to return to the previous version please -- this version is terrible. Dropbox customer for nearly 10 years.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 14.07.52.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jamesatkins, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It's not actually possible or supported to go back to a previous version of the Dropbox app, but we do appreciate your feedback.

What's the app's current syncing status, if you hover over the Dropbox icon?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jamesatkins
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

files are up to date.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks James.

I moved your post to this relevant thread. Can you take a look at the replies and solution above, to see if it helps?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Xrated666
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks so much you are very kind. I was able to finally get it solved using the instructions I had posted. No more annoying notifications. Best wishes!!! 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Xrated666 wrote:

Thanks so much you are very kind. I was able to finally get it solved using the instructions I had posted. No more annoying notifications. Best wishes!!! 

Sadly hasnt worked for me but thats for trying!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Adam W.42
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there any solution for this?  The posted solution is completely impractical as it removes Dropbox from the startup items. I WANT Dropbox to start on boot. I do NOT want the relentless notifications that it has been installed.

johnsheffernan99
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I don't see them anymore.  Wondering if OS upgrades might have fixed it. 

Running Ventura 13.2.1 

John

Xrated666
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'd say that sticking to dropbox's website for accessing your files, deleting the app, and not criticising proven fixes for others at the same time as you avoid even trying them, is far more practicle than remaining in your current position of consternation and inaction with the app version that seems to be causing you more grief than any impracticle solution that has put me in a state of bliss lol.

Need more support?