cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Merge Two Personal Accounts

Merge Two Personal Accounts

nbkuz92
Explorer | Level 4

I have two personal accounts.  Account A has much more storage than Account B, however, Account B is linked to my preferred email address.  Account A is linked to an email address that is provided by my ISP which I am soon going to deactivate.  How can I move my files from Account B to Acount A AND switch email addreses from Account A to Account B and B to A?

12 Replies 12

Rich
Super User II

@nbkuz92 wrote:

How can I move my files from Account B to Acount A AND switch email addreses from Account A to Account B and B to A?

Create a shared folder between the two accounts. Move the files from B into the folder, then go to A and move the files out of the shared folder to another location in A's account. This will remove the files from B. Once you have all of the files in B moved to A, you can delete account B which will free up that email address so you can use it on account A.

rashid1
Helpful | Level 5

Great.

Judette
New member | Level 2
Does anyone know how to consolidate accounts

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Judette, let's jump right into this! 

Are you referring to two individual accounts? What is the subscription to both of these accounts? 

Provided you're referring to two Basic, Plus, Professional accounts, then currently, there’s no way to automatically combine them.

The easiest way to combine content is to move all files and folders from the older account to the main one you want to use. You can follow Rich's steps here

If you're not talking about individual accounts, let me know and we'll take it from there. 

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

amitdonio
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

i have two different team accounts that i want to unite.
what is the best and fastest way to do it?
if  i will use a share folder on dropbox1 and then move the data to different location on dropbox2, and then delete dropbox1, does the data is still on the cloud of dropbox2 and wont be lost right?

thanks

Rich
Super User II

@amitdonio wrote:

if  i will use a share folder on dropbox1 and then move the data to different location on dropbox2, and then delete dropbox1, does the data is still on the cloud of dropbox2 and wont be lost right?

Correct. As long as you move the files into the shared folder on Dropbox1, Dropbox2 will still have access to them if you delete Dropbox1. I would still recommend that you move the files out of the shared folder on Dropbox2 when they're finished syncing, just to be safe.

amitdonio
Explorer | Level 3

dropbox didn't let me move the share folder to other location.
is it connected to the fact that both dropbox accounts are team account? (business)

Rich
Super User II

@amitdonio wrote:

dropbox didn't let me move the share folder to other location.

Don't move the actual shared folder. Once you have the shared folder in place between the accounts and you've moved your files from Dropbox1 into it, move the content of the shared folder (not the folder itself) to another folder in Dropbox2. That will remove the files from the shared folder, and ultimately, from Dropbox1.

amitdonio
Explorer | Level 3

still doesn't work.
is it connected to the face that dropbox1 is locked?
or because it between two business account?

Need more support?