cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was suspended, how can I access it again?

My account was suspended, how can I access it again?

Michael G.88
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi

I have been using DropBox for a long time to send the files to my customers.

Recently, one of my customers invited me to join her Business Team. I accepted the invitation, but I was suspecting that all my personal files were been sharing with the team, so I asked the administrator to change my email address, so I separate my personal files and team files. Today, I received an email saying that my account was suspended and I can't access my old DropBox anymore.

I need my account back. How do I proceed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard P.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

You need to talk to the admin of your friends Business Team, as it sounds like you accepted an invitation to join their business account, which (unless you follow the prompts otherwise) will subsume your account into the business account. Only the team admin can do anything about this at this stage.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Richard P.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

You need to talk to the admin of your friends Business Team, as it sounds like you accepted an invitation to join their business account, which (unless you follow the prompts otherwise) will subsume your account into the business account. Only the team admin can do anything about this at this stage.

Michael G.88
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi, Richard.

Thanks for your response. Is there any way to get my account back and have my personal files and team files separated, but in the same account?

Michael G.88
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have all the files synchronized in my computer and I can upload it again, but many customers access my the files through my links.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to ask via Dropbox support. You cant have 2 accounts using 1 email address though. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Erin G.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Michael did you resolve this problem? I'm having the same exact problem. 

Rodolfo U.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Any idea how to resolve this? How can Dropbox be so stupid to not let you access your files anymore?

Richard P.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

If you joined a business team, the process is fairly explicit as to where you want your existing files to end up - there is an option during the invite acceptance process where you even get the opportunity to create a new account and move your existing files to it.

If you didn't do that, then the files are under the jurisdiction of the Dropbox for Business account admin - you need to speak to them to get access to your files.

This has got nothing to do with Dropbox not letting you access your files - its working exactly as intended, as you agreed to move your files into the Dropbox for Business account, which is under someone elses control, so once you do that, that person has ultimate say over your files and not you.

You need to speak to your account admin...

alexandros
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the exact same problem, I also think its not clear enough when you sign in for a business account invitation. I hope my files are still there and not deleted.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It is exceptionally explicit - in fact you need to click through two or three screens to avoid setting up a new account. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Erin G. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    alexandros New member | Level 2
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Rodolfo U. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?