cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications Still Going to Old Email Address

Notifications Still Going to Old Email Address

sissomi
Explorer | Level 3

A couple of weeks ago I changed the email address on my DropBox account and verified it. Yet I still am receiving notifications at the old email address. Any ideas on why or how to get this corrected? TIA for any suggestions!

11 Replies 11

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @sissomi, sorry to hear about this.

It sounds rather strange indeed. Do you happen to have another Dropbox account, associated with the old email address at the moment? 

Also, can you clarify what notifications are these and if you're getting any email notifications on your new email address at all?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

sissomi
Explorer | Level 3

@Walter - Thanks for the reply. No, the account is the only one I have. My DropBox account was associated with the old email until I changed it a few weeks ago.
I have gotten some emails at the new email address such as login notifications and DropBox Community messages. But just this morning, at 1:39am, I received an email to the old email address with the subject “Top 4 tips to get your photo storage in focus”.

I have searched through my profile and account info and can’t find the old email address anywhere in it. 

- Mike

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sissomi, sorry to jump in here.

Can you double-check your account settings here, to make sure that your new email address is what appears there?

If you open a different browser or a private browsing window and try to login using your old email, what do you see?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sissomi
Explorer | Level 3

@HannahThanks for jumping in . I'll take all the help I can get. when I click the "here" link you provided, I see Personal email and it shows my "new" email address. I tried logging in using a different browser with the "old" email address and I get "Invalid email or password". I also tried using the "Forgot your Password?" feature and entered my "old" email address. I did not receive an email with how to set a new password. Does any of that provide useful information? Thanks. - Mike

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sissomi, thanks for the additional details there - much appreciated.

Could you clarify if the email address you're using is an alias or if the emails are somehow forwarded to the other email address? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

sissomi
Explorer | Level 3

@WalterNot sure I understand the question. The old email address is an AT&T email address that I'll be losing when I switch off of AT&T. The new email address is a @duck.com email address which does forward to a @yahoo.com email address but that address is in no way connected to the old email address. It is a yahoo account I've had for years but never used very much.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

May I ask when exactly is the last time you received an email notification to the old email address @sissomi?

Also, what is the nature of the email? Do you see an un-subscribe button and have you confirmed it's coming from an official Dropbox domain?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

sissomi
Explorer | Level 3

@WalterThe email was received on 3/16/23 at 1:39am CDT. It came from no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com and the subject was "Top 4 tips to get your photo storage in focus". There is an unsubscibe button but I am hesitant to use it because I don't want my account to be unsubscribed. I only want the emails to stop coming to the old address and instead use the new address I've put on the account.

Capture.JPG

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for this additional info, @sissomi.

Can we send you an email, to the address you have here on the Community, so we can look into this a bit more closely?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    sissomi Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?