cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online only files are visible on my computer after updating them

Online only files are visible on my computer after updating them

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 7

Hello ---  I just want to confirm  this which I see using smart sync 

Once smart sync is set up,  there seem to be a reference to the file saved  at the server dropbox.com  

The first time I access it -- say the file  name  is myinfo.doc --- it is download to  my computer,  I   update it 

and it save back on my c drive --- and that update dated version is uploaded to dropbox.com 

But I still see the file on the  computer, so will the now always resided on the computer and dropbox.com 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Frank P E. 

That is correct. 

If you want it to go back to being Online Only you need to manually set it to that. There isn't an automated way of doing it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Frank P E. 

That is correct. 

If you want it to go back to being Online Only you need to manually set it to that. There isn't an automated way of doing it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 7

Why is it so hard for support to explain this --- without screen shots  and capture session 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Frank P E. Helpful | Level 7
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?