cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Verification email but nothing happens when I click on Verify Email

Received Verification email but nothing happens when I click on Verify Email

Sandersen
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I no longer have access to the email my dropbox is associated with so I need to change my email address.  I go to settings and my email address has "Edit" next to it.  I click on Edit and enter my new email address along with the password for my account.  It gives me a message to check my email and "Verify my Email".  I receive the email but when I click on the Blue bar that says Verify Email, it takes me to a page that says I need to log in to verify my identity.  If I enter my new email address, it asks me to create a new account.  If I enter my old email address, it asks for a 6 digit code that is being sent to the email address I don't have access to anymore.  

I tried going back to my account settings and below the line with my old email address, it has my new email address and it says "Pending email change".  There is an option to "Verify Email" there but it just sends a new email - which also doesn't work.  

I can't imagine that this is a user error, but I could be wrong.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandersen
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
What I failed to notice, was that the 6 digit code was sent to the old email AND any device associated with this account. I found the code in my notices in the Dropbox app and was able to log in with it and verify my email.
Thank you for your quick response.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Sandersen, sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Can you please send us a screenshot (omitting any personal info if possible) of the page you're landing on when you click in the email to verify your new email address? 

Also, since you don't have access to the email address that's primarily associated with your Dropbox account, you might need to create a new account and copy or move any files you had stored in your (old) account to the new one. 

In any case, please keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Sandersen
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
What I failed to notice, was that the 6 digit code was sent to the old email AND any device associated with this account. I found the code in my notices in the Dropbox app and was able to log in with it and verify my email.
Thank you for your quick response.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries @Sandersen -  I'm glad to hear you sorted this out in the end. 

See you around the Community and take care!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Sandersen Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?