cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting "Start Dropbox on system startup" doesn't stay selected and doesn't start on startup

Selecting "Start Dropbox on system startup" doesn't stay selected and doesn't start on startup

John Row
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm on Linux Mint.  When I select startup automatically, it doesn't stay selected and it doesn't actually startup after boot up.  If I go to preferences. select "auto startup". then hit APPLY or OK or both.  Then go back into preferences the "auto startup" is not selected.  What do I need to do to get Dropbox to auto startup?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Row
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I had to rebuild my Linux/Mint system.  After I reloaded Dropbox, using the same installation files, the Auto Start on Boot-up works!  It's either I did something different or FM.

Thanks,

JR

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @John Row, thanks for letting us know about this.

Can you please let us know which version of Dropbox you're using?

Also, have you tried restarting both the computer and the Dropbox app, to see if that helps, as a first step?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

John Row
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm running Dropbox version 175.4.5569.

I've rebooted several times.  I've quit Dropbox and restarted several times.  The symptoms remain consistent.

Thank you,

JR

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @John Row, while we currently support Fedora and Ubuntu on Linux devices, we wouldn't be able to provide specific advice regarding Mint itself. 

Is it possible that there's a security measure in Mint which is preventing the Dropbox desktop application from enabling that setting for the startup?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

John Row
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Mint is "User Interface" to Ubuntu. As far as I know, it doesn't add any "security features" to Ubuntu.

John Row
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I had to rebuild my Linux/Mint system.  After I reloaded Dropbox, using the same installation files, the Auto Start on Boot-up works!  It's either I did something different or FM.

Thanks,

JR

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John Row Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?