cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited marketing email

Unsolicited marketing email

chawke
Explorer | Level 3
I've been continuing to receive marketing emails from Dropbox at no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com although my marketing email settings are disabled.

The last 4 marketing email subjects were "Top 4 tips to get your photo storage in focus" (3/17), "Your video files" (2/11), "ATTN: You can now scan your documents" (1/25), "Your video files" (1/13).

In my Dropbox email settings, all of the "News" categories are disabled, including "New features and updates", "Tips on using Dropbox", "Tips on using Dropbox Paper", "Dropbox feedback surveys".

I reached out to Dropbox support and strangely they said they couldn't help and to ask the community... Naturally I responded in that ticket and said this is something Dropbox would have to resolve. But while I'm here, besides ensuring my marketing email settings are disabled in my settings, what else does the community think I can do to stop receiving Dropbox marketing emails before I start reporting them as spam?
7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @chawke, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

At the bottom of the emails, there should be an option to unsubscribe from receiving any more of this information. 

Clicking that should prevent these messages from getting through.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Not applicable

I'm also having this problem. emails being received from dropbox when i have all options unchecked and cannot find any setting telling me otherwise

kronosgroup
New member | Level 2

We're having the same issue.  Clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email navigates to the Notifications tab of the Settings page and we've disabled ALL notifications.  Still, we receive 1-3 marketing emails from Dropbox per day.

We've also changed the email address associated with our account and still get marketing emails to our previously associated email address (though thankfully nothing to our new email address).

@Dropbox, this is in poor taste, and I'm fairly certain that Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (as well as, probably, other regional laws) mandate that you provide a means to unsubscribe from such marketing emails.

mikehagans
New member | Level 2

Same for me - I've clicked unsubscribe on the email, been taken to settings where I had already unchecked the send me spam boxes, and over a week later I'm still getting junk email from dropbox daily.  Very annoying - not a good thing when you are hoping to convert free accounts to paying customers - think I'll try google or onedrive instead.  Shot yourselves in the foot on that one!

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I have passed this information onto the appropriate team. They have been actively investigating why some of our users are receiving emails despite being unsubscribed. We will update you when we have more information.

Regards,

Ben

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone!

This issue should now be resolved.

If you've unsubscribed from those emails, you should no longer be receiving them, but let us know if you still have any issues.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

KabirSim
New member | Level 2

I've been in similar situations before, where despite my best efforts to opt out of marketing emails, they just kept coming. It's like a never-ending battle, you know?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KabirSim New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    BenDBX Community Manager
    mikehagans New member | Level 2
    kronosgroup New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?