cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Primary Email

Updating Primary Email

mmac2023
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to change my account default email. My work email has been used and it will be switched off shortly. I have done the change in my profile, however when I log back in with the new email, my account is empty. 

I have paid for a family account, but it seems to be locked with the original email... when I log in with that, all files are available, my concern is what happens when it is switched off? I cannot access my files when logging in with new email

thanks

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mmac2023, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like you've created a new account instead of changing the email on your account, since it is still possible to login to that work email on the Dropbox site.

Do you have a third email address which isn't being used with Dropbox? You can use this to change the email of the second Dropbox account you created, and then use that freed up email to change the work email in the first account.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?