cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify Email

Verify Email

Tito_cm
New member | Level 2
I am not receiving my verification email. I have attempted this multiple times, on multiple browsers and platforms as well as my cell phone. I have confirmed with my email security provider that no-reply@dropbox.com is allowed. They see email from that address being sent to others in their system. I am also able to send email to my dropbox and it saves the attachment. I have checked my quarantine, junk mail, etc, and the email is just not being received at all. There are 2 other people with the same email domain that have just attempted creating dropbox accounts that are experiencing this same issue. One of whom is now working after the suggestion to try sending the email verification from a different browser. I have created a new email account, then created a new dropbox account (still with the same email domain), and I'm still not receiving the verification email. I have also tried sending the email verification from a different browser with no success.

To add to these woes, your support bot is as usefull as a hole in a boat surrounded by sharks. Suggestions on how to proceed or just forget about dropbox and move on to another platform?
17 Replies 17

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Tito_cm, let's see what we can do here! 

Provided the verification problem remains for you, would it be okay for me to reach out to you via email, in order for us to have a closer look into this?

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SLIH
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem - cannot verify our team's email address.  Have retried a few times, and checked junk email.

Help!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @SLIH, are you on a public email provider or a custom/private domain name?

Have you checked with your IT admin to see if Dropbox emails are coming through?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Newport Homes Safety
New member | Level 2

I am having the same problem. Others within the company have drop box accounts and are receiving emails fine.

I checked with our IT support and they have confirmed that no-reply@dropbox.com is allowed.

I received an email from Dropbox Community for this reply, so not sure why I am not receiving the verification email.

SLIH
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

We're on an organisation domain.

We're receiving these Community Forum emails fine, just not the verification one.

What email address should I check with our IT?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Any emails sent from our official domains list would be useful to check with the IT team.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

SLIH
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks - which domain should I ask our IT people to add?  At this stage, we only need the one that sends the verification email.  

Please advise.

DH090622
New member | Level 2

I cannot verify my email address. I've tried adding no-reply to my address book. I cannot create a support ticket without the verification email. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DH090622, I hope you're doing well! 

Do you still face this issue? Have you tried requesting a verification email using a different browser, by any chance? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    voopster New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Alessandro Belotti New member | Level 2
    MilosVukobradovic New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?