cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my account disabled?

Why was my account disabled?

toannguyen2020
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Company account with email (quandinh@**** like email Dropbox of me) has been disabled from Saturday, July 11, 2020.

Dropbox hasn't emailed notification?

This account is used for business.

Please help me!

115 Replies 115

Bruce77
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It is shocking that so many long term paying customers are having the same issue, and are unable to get a response from the Company.  I always thought Dropbox was a respectable company, it looks as if I was wrong.   

Bruce77
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, it seems they are arbitrarily closing accounts , I have been a customer for years, I have an annual paid subscription with at least three months left.  Then suddenly on Friday ZAP! my account was disabled with no warning whatsoever! 

It is certainly way short of "best business practice"!! 

Jacopo Conte
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
it's really worrying. I've been using Dropbox for over ten years and it has never happened to me. Now, without any communication, I find myself without access to all the folders shared by my customers and with all the sites I manage that give errors on the automatic backups they performed on Dropbox. Fortunately my files are also locally on my pc and I have not lost them but the way in which they deactivated my Pro account without warning is to be reported.

Bruce77
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

That is very unfortunate, I am sorry to hear that.  I did wonder if there was a TOS issue, but I checked their Terms of Service which are very vague, and I can't see anything there that I could have violated.  However, I will have to wait and see.

Also, there is no warning about reviewing the TOS when you set up the agreement, do they not have a duty of care to do so if you could risk losing everything

The maddening thing is that they actively encourage you to put everything on Dropbox, to "save space", so many people will not have made back ups.   That is NOT good practise if they have such a ruthless moderation policy.

Good luck 

Nash105
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Careful what you say on here. The mods will spam block you.

Bruce77
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you, I didn't mean to speak out of turn, I am just quite distressed by the situation 

Nash105
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Yeah man I feel your pain. I just hit 90 days and have never gotten more then an automated response. It's really disappointing to loose years of family photos when you have been a loyal customer and know you didn't violate any TOS.

dman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i need help to restore to my account, i get a message that my account is "disabled' when i try to login ... i have been using my account regularly  i have tried to reset password... does not work... i have sent many requests to support ( 4 tickets) but no response, requested help from dropbox twitter support....still no response and all have been done in incognito mode.. but absolutely no response ......this is really frustrating....if anyone can help..?!?!?!?  

Polaris2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I tried logging in to my dropbox today and for some reason my account got disabled but I did not even get a reason for why this happened. I do not know what I did wrong as my dropbox only contains family pictures which doesn't go against TOS will there be any way for my account to be activated?

Bruce77
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Si it seems the same thing is happening to a number of people, and none of us can get help from Dropbox Support?  What on earth is the problem?   Can one of the Moderators provide some advice?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    j4kconsulting New member | Level 2
    Geekymage New member | Level 2
    bogrosnounours Helpful | Level 7
    Kim25 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?