cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my account disabled?

Why was my account disabled?

toannguyen2020
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Company account with email (quandinh@**** like email Dropbox of me) has been disabled from Saturday, July 11, 2020.

Dropbox hasn't emailed notification?

This account is used for business.

Please help me!

115 Replies 115

jakovlev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello community!

My account (2Tb) blocked two days ago with all my 20 years design projects archive without any visible reasons, notifications or emails. Most files saved only in cloud, not local and in result I don’t have access to my files and I don’t have local backup. When I try to change my password I received a message “Sorry this account is disabled.” Dropbox app on my iPad and iPhone is automatically logged out.

I made new account for writing this question.

I’m in shock, I think a lot about reasons why it may happens, but I don’t have any answers and ideas.
I sent two questions (in two languages) to Dropbox Support support@dropbox.zendesk.com but nothing.

What I need to do to activate account?
Help me please.

Ghostprotocol
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My main account for dropbox was disabled today out of nowhere, so im using this account to voice my concerns. I pay my auto monthly subscription on time, I am very active on the app and haven't violated any terms. All of my important school documents, life-time memories and photos have been taken away and I have no way to get it back. When i try signing in or changing password (Which is the only option i get)... i see "Sorry, this account is disabled. " How do i contact support? I've tried calling, everything so far is a dead end. Where do i get a ticket to be assisted to? 

Please help. 

bogrosnounours
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Same for me ... the only thing I can think about is some cracked softwares I putted there and some personal xxx stuff.

It seems we will never get back our files and it seems this smart sync thing is everything but safe for our datas . I always had a dedicated hard drive that for safety I put in dbox cloud lol 🙄

Now I really take care of clicking 'local' and not use that smart sync BS.

I even am not sure if my files will be safe. This need to be tested . I found articles about software that protects our files from such a disaster. Encryption software

You should try this tho : since I had a hard drive containing all my files . I bought easus recovery software and had been abble to recover a loooot! It's gonna be a pain in the butt to reorganize everything but at least my memories pictures and most if not everything from my company seems to have been recovered . Exept this folder containing all my software copy(even the legit ones !🤔)

I'll never trust DB again. Still will use it but will use this software to encrypt as well as having the files local archived and take the habit of backup everything on a regular basis on a folder outside DB or an other hard drive.

But : try EASUS recovery file if you had them on a hard drive at some point. It's really Impressive.
My Hard drive is 4TB. My DB 2TB in this HD. Easus recovered 9TB out of this HD !!😳👽👍

Hope this can help some of you in here

Stef

TicDo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, when i try to log in into my 'main' dropbox account it says "This account was deactivated".

I got no email with any information about that, and cant find the reason why it was.. is there anything i can do? Or someone to talk to?

Desperate1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

my account was disabled and I cant get any help! Ive sent an email on the complaint page but have not heard anything. My files are not accessible. this is horrible. I am emailing from a different account as I cannot even log in to make the complaint. 

Nash105
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Bogrosnounours you are way to kind. I will never even consider using dropbox again. I can't forgive getting burned like this.

Rubiaev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a similar problem, I am an active member and I have 2 accounts, they closed my most important account [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]
and I want to recover all my documents, I did NOT receive messages that my account would be closed. Please help, the information in this
account is very, very, very important.

Jack Y
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My account has been disabled across all devices.  I suspect that some files I recently uploaded somehow violated the terms and agreements triggering the action.  The recent files where off some thumb drives that I was consolidating and uploaded them to Dropbox.   I spot checked some files but did not see any content that would trigger the event. 

Note that the issue is with a different account that I have been using for years (early adopter) and have many records archived.   I created a new account to access support.  

Once I can get access to the account in question, I will remove the recent content, review it in depth for issues.  Other options are to have the Dropbox admins delete the recent content as I have a record of the root file.

Thoughts and comments welcomed.

Jack

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Jack Y, thanks for posting on the Community.

I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail. 

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter the email address for the previous account you used to login to Dropbox.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jack Y
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Jay.  Not going to put the effort in recovering the files after reading post from other users about this issue.  I use the Windows App to sync the files so I do have local copies.  Just annoying that DropBox just disables the account without warning/notification and without giving a grace period to rectify the issue/violation.

For all others;  Not all cloud services are created equal. I know, I have been in IT for many years and have migrated many platforms to the cloud. I trust most but not all.  My recommendation to all is if you are storing important documents to cloud storage, ensure you use the service associated app that syncs files to your local storage.  That way, they are "backed up" and available offline.

Jay: Please cancel my accounts

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    j4kconsulting New member | Level 2
    Geekymage New member | Level 2
    bogrosnounours Helpful | Level 7
    Kim25 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?