cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't use new Quicken code for 5G storage

Can't use new Quicken code for 5GB storage

CatzrUs
Explorer | Level 3

When I entered the code that Quicken provided Dropbox said I've already used that code.  Maybe I used that code in the past, but it was years ago for only 2G. This code is for 5GB, and since this is a new code and I just renewed my Quicken I feel I'm entitled to it. But I can't figure out how to get it. The bot is completely useless! How do I get Dropbox to accept my new code and get my 5GB?

11 Replies 11

Rich
Super User II

You can typically only claim a particular type of promotion once. If you've claimed a Quicken bonus in the past, you'll likely be unable to claim another one. As far as I know, the Quicken bonuses have always been 5GB, while 2GB is what you get when you open a free Dropbox account.

CatzrUs
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Rich. So apparently I have never used a Quicken code then. I must've gotten the 2 GB when I opened my Dropbox account. So what do I do now?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CatzrUs!

Out of curiosity, do you see any entries for a Quicken promotion from your Plan page here? It will be under the "Earn more space" section, you may need to click the option "View more earned space" underneath to see all entries.

Hope this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CatzrUs
Explorer | Level 3

No, I only got a 250 MB bonus for completing "getting started".

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for checking that @CatzrUs

I'd be happy to look into this a little further with you to see what we can find, so I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here.

If you'd like to do some investigation with me into this, please check your inbox when you have the chance for my message and well go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jb202009
New member | Level 2

When I enter the code that Quicken provided it says I have already used a code of this type. I checked troubleshooting suggestions and looked at my plan/account/promos and I've never used a Quicken code before. I checked the community help and another individual was encouraged to log a ticket but the link provided put me in a loop without a solution. Can you please help me to figure this out?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting @jb202009!

We'd need to have a closer look into this through our Support channel, so I've reached out to the email associated with your account here.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message and get back to me there. Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

medmunds
New member | Level 2

@Daphne I'm having exactly the same problem. Quicken includes an ongoing 5GB of Dropbox with my subscription, but I am unable to redeem the latest code in my Dropbox account at https://www.dropbox.com/coupon. I get the error "You have already claimed a code of this type."

That's true, I did claim a code of this type last year, but Quicken provides a new Dropbox 5GB coupon code each year, and it's the new code that isn't working. (I don't see any reference to Quicken at https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan, if that helps.)

Quicken's support article How to Redeem Your Free 5GB Dropbox Offer makes it clear the folks at Quicken think they're offering their subscribers 5GB of Dropbox each year—not just a one-time bonus: "The Dropbox code will provide one year of additional storage. After one year, upon your renewal of Quicken, you will receive a new code for another year of upgraded storage." [emphasis added; again, to be clear, it's this new code that Dropbox is rejecting]

It seems like maybe the Quicken redemption codes were set up wrong in Dropbox's system. Should I contact Quicken support about this?

medmunds
New member | Level 2

Followup after speaking with Quicken support: the Dropbox coupon codes issued by Quicken have a (secret) expiration date, and apparently Dropbox's "You have already claimed a code of this type" error can actually mean the code is expired:

"You have already claimed" actually means "expired""You have already claimed" actually means "expired"

So if you get this error, keep trying any other Dropbox codes listed in your Quicken account. If none of them are accepted, contact Quicken support. They will ask you to upload screenshots to confirm, and then issue you a new Dropbox code.

Also, after redeeming a Quicken code, your Dropbox plan page https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan will show a generic "Promo coupon" under Earn more space:

(This is how Quicken coupons show up in your Dropbox account)(This is how Quicken coupons show up in your Dropbox account)

Need more support?