cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox+Acer 100gb promotional space not activating

Dropbox+Acer 100gb promotional space not activating

veimax1500
New member | Level 2

I just started using my Acer laptop and Jumpstart Acer turned on. After I registered with Dropbox on this program, it logged in and disconnected. What to do?

Now that I turn on Jumpstart, she says it was a one-time offer.

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbox+Acer 100gb promotional space not activating

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @veimax1500, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Did you create a new account or sign in with an existing account in the Acer promotion?

Does your account follow the terms of service for the promotion?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Acer Promotion

divinecion20
Explorer | Level 3
Important Concern:

Good Day! I have just recently bought this new device, ACER Aspire 7, last August 15, 2022, at ThinkingTools Inc. in Ayala Center Cebu, Philippines. Your Dropbox app popped out of my new device's screen and had an offer about your Dropbox x Acer 100GB Promo for 12 months for newly purchased devices. A good news perhaps, so I registered my email, created my dropbox account just recently, and have been storing files on the dropbox app in my new device. The thing is, just yesterday, the app showed that my dropbox is full and I saw that it only had used 2GB space. Kindly take a look at this problem and let me know immediately, at your earliest convenience, as I am concerned about the important files I stored on my dropbox account that hasn't been synching and showing synching errors. Thank you and Godspeed your app :herb:
301217043_616209660222995_3122815392600192455_n.jpg

Re: Acer Promotion

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @divinecion20, I'd be happy to help with this! 

Did Dropbox come preinstalled on the device or did you download it yourself?

Also, is there any chance that you signed in with another Dropbox account?

Let me know more!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

divinecion20
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Megan 🙂 

I remember having to purchase the device as brand new and fresh out of their stocks on the 15th of August, 2022. I used the device for a couple of days and during those days, a visual pop-up from dropbox keeps on popping out of my device's screen, talking about such promotion you have with ACER and newly purchased devices.  As I look back on my files and email inbox, I saw that I finally have entertained and availed to the pop-up on the 17th of August 2022, 3:11 AM (as you can see on the attached picture of an email I have with Dropbox). On the same day, August 17, 2022, 3:16 AM, I have then installed the Dropbox app on my device (see attached photo of the app installations created and modified date and time). 

To the second question, if I signed in with another Dropbox account, --no. The account I created was new and the email address I linked it with was entirely new too, from my new email account that has been recently created for a job and is solely intended for professional use this time, hence why I was concerned deeply. 

Thanks for looking into it Megan, hoping for a good resolution on this matter. Hoping too that this helps you well in understanding the situation. :fallen_leaf:

Photo of the email I had with Dropbox (the day I created my Dropbox acc)Photo of the email I had with Dropbox (the day I created my Dropbox acc)Photo of the Dropbox app installation on the device (with created and modified date & time)Photo of the Dropbox app installation on the device (with created and modified date & time)

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @divinecion20, I just sent you an email, in order for us to look into this. Reply back to me, and we'll take it from there.

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

divinecion20
Explorer | Level 3

Lovely to know this Megan 😊. May I know where did you sent the email? I am not sure if I received it, I've already checked my inbox and spam messages --there was none. Just in case, email me here too for assurance -- [removed per Community Guidelines]

Thank you and have a smooth day ahead 👋

Megan
Dropboxer

I just sent you an email anew, can you check again @divinecion20

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    divinecion20 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?