cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Basic account says it's full (5GB of 2GB) but on Mac my Dropbox only has 482 MB

Dropbox Basic account says it's full (5GB of 2GB) but on Mac my Dropbox only has 482 MB

Panikdrache
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

like mentioned in the subject. My Dropbox says it's full even my Mac says I only have 482 MB used.

The account is only for sharing receipts with my bookkeeping so only small files.

There are no shared folders (only the one I use with the bookkeeping).

So I don't know where the 5GBs are from.

Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Panikdrache
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Found the solution by myself. There was a Backup of a device I plugged in once. So maybe I did klick yes on do a backup. Didn't notice it until now.

Sorry but maybe this helps someone else. Go check your backup section under the Dropbox Logo if you're stage space is full. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Panikdrache
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Found the solution by myself. There was a Backup of a device I plugged in once. So maybe I did klick yes on do a backup. Didn't notice it until now.

Sorry but maybe this helps someone else. Go check your backup section under the Dropbox Logo if you're stage space is full. 🙂

Olivet Baptist Church Dublin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for this information, it solved my problem!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Olivet Baptist Church Dublin New member | Level 2
    Panikdrache New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?