cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Basic -deleting a file when dropbox is full and not syncing

Dropbox Basic -deleting a file when dropbox is full and not syncing

pj123syc
Explorer | Level 3

Hello. I recently uploaded a folder into Dropbox, which put me over my 2GB limit. I get this alert at the top of my screen:

"Review asap: Your Dropbox is full and has stopped syncing. Upgrade for up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space."

I know there is one particular file causing the issue. I need to delete it, however, I am unable to navigate to it. This is because Dropbox is not syncing. How can I reverse the upload, or delete the file that Dropbox is not syncing?
3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @pj123syc, thanks for reaching out to us.

By "unable to navigate to it" are you referring to our website?

Are you able to locate/navigate to the folder from your local Dropbox folder, so that you can delete it from there?

Keep me posted!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

pj123syc
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Hannah, yes. I can navigate through my files just fine. The problem is that the files that are causing me to be over my storage limit are not visible. I can't see the files I uploaded because dropbox is not syncing. Dropbox is not syncing because I am over my storage limit. I want to delete files to get below my storage limit. I can't see the files I've uploaded. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

For your account to be over quota, it means that the files are indeed uploaded and should be visible in your 'all files' page.

Can you use the steps in this article, to see the size of files/calculate the size of folders in the account, so that you know exactly what's taking up your space?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    pj123syc Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?