cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding hidden files

Finding hidden files

cdh1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have 6gb of storage and I think I've only used about 1gb.  Yesterday I mistakenly uploaded a number of files to Dropbox & now I'm told I've run out of space.  But I can't see the new files I've added so that I can delete them?  The only files that are displayed are those that have been there for some time.  How can I find the "hidden" files to delete them, please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@cdh1 wrote:

I have 6gb of storage and I think I've only used about 1gb.  ... now I'm told I've run out of space.  ... How can I find the "hidden" files to delete them, please?

There are no hidden files in Dropbox. Are you sure you don't have the backup feature enabled? Check your Backups page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@cdh1 wrote:

I have 6gb of storage and I think I've only used about 1gb.  ... now I'm told I've run out of space.  ... How can I find the "hidden" files to delete them, please?

There are no hidden files in Dropbox. Are you sure you don't have the backup feature enabled? Check your Backups page.

cdh1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks very much. Problem solved.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cdh1 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?