cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a 25GB HP Promotional dropbox space increase, yet I should have received 100GB

I received a 25GB HP Promotional dropbox space increase, yet I should have received 100GB

BeAuMaN
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I took some time to review the terms of your HP Promotion:

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/hp-promotion

The table indicates that HP Devices purchased on or after 9/1/2020 are to have a promotional offer of 100GB of Dropbox space for 12 months.

I purchased a HP 15t-dy200 Touch Laptop directly from HP's website on 11/26/2020. This laptop was assembled new on 12/03/2020, and was delivered on 12/10/2020. By all accounts it should have the 100GB Dropbox offer, however it only came with the 25GB offer through the pre-loaded software, which was added to my account.

Is there any way that support can fix this? I have receipts for my laptop purchase.

Thanks.

80 Replies 80

sushilchawla
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm facing the same issue, purchased my laptop on 20 Jan 2021, followed the steps, but received 25 GB space. @Daphne if possible, can you take a look?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for giving me a shout @sushilchawla!

I'd be happy to look into this with you, so I've just sent you a brief email. Please get back to me there to continue looking into this when you have a moment - cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bob2021
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Sounds like this may be an issue.  I too have experienced this situation with the HP promotion.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for joining us here @bob2021!

Are you not seeing the space if you check your plan page here?

If not, can you check for your device's eligibility as per this article?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bob2021
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I see an additional 25GB only.  I just purchased an HP laptop a couple of weeks ago, so I should be receiving 100GB???

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for checking on that @bob2021!

So we can look into this further, I've just sent you an email to the address linked with your profile here.

Please check your inbox when you have the time and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

ClickChick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I seem to be having the same problem.  I was supposed to get 100gb and only got 25gb.  I am also having trouble connecting my old computer to transfer data.  I would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ClickChick; sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May we reach out via the email address that's connected to your profile here on our Community so that we can have a further look into the matter?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

offer
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

same here. i bought newly hp notebook omen and i received only 25 gb ? why? am i just bought refurbished notebook???

ClickChick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Walter, yes.  Please contact me.

Carolyn

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Rino H Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff