cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: business advanced question.

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

608 Replies 608

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@danblaze Completely agree with you...

Rootax
Helpful | Level 7
Yes they did, that accounts with over 35tb of data will be contacted soon.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I'm waiting for him then

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

@cgi_ltd If you are utilizing 35TB per license or more, you will be able to keep your current storage for a year, up to a maximum of 1000TB. The specific storage options beyond that year will be discussed when a Dropbox team member reaches out.

@Niitr0 I'll try to answer any additional questions you may have. Are there any points that I can clarify?

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
To make it clearer, can you go in private?

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @Niitr0,

For account-specific questions, you can contact Dropbox Support, or I can open up a support ticket for you. However, support will not be able to provide information about storage options beyond the 1 year period for accounts over 35TB per license quite yet. We will have those options available when we reach out to those customers.

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9
Out of curiosity, as I'm being asked by several clients, is money spent on egress for recent accounts being taken into consideration? I have a few clients that fit in the greater than 35TB per user category and they have spent a considerable amount of money moving data from their old storage systems to Dropbox. I can say with 100% certainty that they asked if Dropbox was "ok" with the amounts of data being brought in to Dropbox and explained the situation and costs that would be incurred, I can say this as I was the point of contact for them. At no point was it suggested or communicated that this may not be a good time to import large accounts into Dropbox. This in mind, is Dropbox prepared to reimburse them for that egress expense since it sounds like they are going to be given a significantly different bill in about a year?

I asked support and they have no idea, not a judgment on them, just stating a fact. I'm hoping there might be someone here that has a bit more insight.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@DBXCommunity  , unfortunately, the questions I ask myself concern the November change 

granjiv
Explorer | Level 4

Hello community,

I have been a Dropbox user for the past 2+ years. Initially I had the family plan. Now I decided to upgrade the service to Advanced edition as suggested by Dropbox support team.

Before I purchased, I mentioned to Dropbox that I needed about 80TB indefinitely for the lifetime of membership(NOT 80TB/year). I was told Dropbox will increase the storage as I use. Based on it, I went ahead to purchase the Advanced plan with 5 user licenses. 3 weeks later as I was uploading the files to my team, I was notified the storage is full and need to contact Dropbox to increase it!! When contacted the support, I was told I have to wait until Sept 18th 2023 to add just 1TB. In addition I was also told only 1TB/month allowed!! 

I purchased Dropbox advanced based on dropbox support teams information. I told them what exactly needed before the purchase. And after the purchase I spent tons of time setting up the Dropbox, Teaching my team how to use, Upgraded my backend so the data is current and accurate to Dropbox, Uploaded about 25TB content over 2 weeks, also upgraded the internet to support faster upload and downloads; Only to know, they won't give me anymore space!!

I tried to reach out to the CEO of Dropbox, via FaceBook messenger, Email and LinkedIn. But there is no response what so ever!! Their support has no escalation to resolve a matter!! No matter how many times you tried to explain your issue, each time I get exact scripted message as a reply!!

I feel, lost, betrayed and facing challenges financially and mentally to find answers and to run my business!!

So, are you guys facing the same issue recently? What would you guys do? I am seeking help to rectify this issue! Thank you!

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Unfortunately, the Dropbox Advanced plan with *as much storage as needed* is no longer offered, it had been changed to a minimum of a 3 user account with 5TB/each giving the team 15TB total to use. You can purchase additonal data as needed on that plan. The only other provider left with unlimited data is Box.com , but due to each plans seperate data limits, you would have to setup rclone and use chunker. Or, if your installing the client on each users PC, you would have to pick a plan that has a high enough single storage limit for your biggest files. Once the app is installed on the clients PC's, it essentially works the same as DB.
Need more support?