cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please allow me to free my space by deleting photos

Please allow me to free my space by deleting photos

George21
New member | Level 2

I can not delete photos as photos are owned by other owner how to do it ? 

3 Replies 3

George21
New member | Level 2

Dear Dropbox

I am one of early users of your services. In the past I use to pay. Now do not want to come across as rude - but I am very dissapointed with your lack support, and spamming me trying to ask to upgrate my account. You asking me for money!? Why? Folders are not mine! 

Problem is: 

I have tryied to delete permanently photos which apparently take space on my dropbox. I was trying to do however Dropbox did not allow me to do so because some owner need to do person who is not longer with dropbox. 

Can you see dead end now? Can we solve this please ? Or simply I will have to delete my account and go to Quora and Reddit and Facebook and share my story to ensure at least few people will not use your service which is dishonest as you can see from above description. 

How could you ask people for money and at the same time do not give them option to free their storage? Why ? 

Thank you for your attention. 

Regards 

George 

George21
New member | Level 2

aboutI am having different problem but similar about Dropbox trying to get money of me seems like they are running log on revenues and people are moving away from them. I wanted to free my storage and delete unwanted photos and dropbox prevent me from doing so by saying owner need to delete them BUT the thing is owner can not do it so what Dropbox does is charging me and do not allow to free my storage. Zero fairness 

Rich
Super User II

@George21 wrote:

I can not delete photos as photos are owned by other owner how to do it ? 

Are these files in a shared folder? If so, you can leave the share to remove it from your account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    George21 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?