cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of buying Dropbox for business unlimited for my group. Some questions and thoughts.

Thinking of buying Dropbox for business unlimited for my group. Some questions and thoughts.

Xupetas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello all,

We are thinking of buying Dropbox for business for larger teams, to host our lab's offsite backup data (3 users).
It's a bit big, and we are worried that the space is not unlimited as announced, because there have been reports floating online that it is not automatic - mainly reddit - , and for increments we need to make a request, and then afterwards wait for it to be approved and implemented.
We do not have exactly a size of the backup or are able to estimate it because some of the data is dynamic - one week bigger, another smaller - and our offsite backup mechanism is fully automatic

The question are: Do we need to make continuous requests to increase space? Is there an untold limit for EU users - our data can be outside of the EU so no GPDR issue there on our end? Is there a limit to the unlimited advertised?
We do not need any more services besides an offsite hosting for our data.

English is not our native language, so sorry about any mistakes. We did not find any information regarding this questions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Xupetas, sorry to jump in here.

So, the automatic additions of space can get up to 25 TB; this will only happen in the event that you upload a large amount of data in a small time frame.

Since you'll have to reach out to our support team, if you need more than that, the time needed to apply this, depends on agent response time.

Of course, Dropbox Business admins have access to live support (phone and chat) as well, which should help expedite things faster.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Xupetas, I hope you're having a great Tuesday so far! 

Your English was great, and you got the point across, so don't worry. 

As for the Business plan you're thinking of buying, and how much space you can use: As much as you need. 

With that being said, initially into your experience with our Business team, some of the quota is added automatically from our system, as you reach the Team's allocated space. 

However, after a while, you might need to contact our Support, and ask them for some additional space, in order for them to grant it on their end for you. 

Keep in mind that we don't have a specific "limit" for people in or outside of the EU.

I hope this helps!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Xupetas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi again.

Thanks for your quick answer.
You state "With that being said, initially into your experience with our Business team, some of the quota is added automatically from our system, as you reach the Team's allocated space. ". How big is this initial quota, how high is the increment everytime we ask, and how long does it take to grow when needed? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Xupetas, sorry to jump in here.

So, the automatic additions of space can get up to 25 TB; this will only happen in the event that you upload a large amount of data in a small time frame.

Since you'll have to reach out to our support team, if you need more than that, the time needed to apply this, depends on agent response time.

Of course, Dropbox Business admins have access to live support (phone and chat) as well, which should help expedite things faster.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Xupetas New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?