cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User with shared edit access unable to upload due to error message referring to 2 GB limit

User with shared edit access unable to upload due to error message referring to 2 GB limit

gerry_51
New member | Level 2

I have a 2 TB account, of which I'm currently using 4%.  My son has edit access to one of my folders, which he's been using for some years, but he's now being told that he's over some 2 GB limit and thus unable to upload further files.  What limit would that be?  No such limit was mentioned when I originally gave him edit access, nor can I see it mentioned now when I check who has edit access to my folders. 

What's going on here and how can we fix it so he can continue to upload files within my overall 2 TB allowance? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Hi @gerry_51 

Your account quota has no benefit / perk to your son. So you have a 2TB account, he does not. That means that all of the files you have in the share use his quota. Now that his account is full syncing stops. He either needs to delete files in that share (you could move them to a diff folder if he no longer needs access), or, he needs to get more space. 

www.dropbox.com/gs

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @gerry_51 

Your account quota has no benefit / perk to your son. So you have a 2TB account, he does not. That means that all of the files you have in the share use his quota. Now that his account is full syncing stops. He either needs to delete files in that share (you could move them to a diff folder if he no longer needs access), or, he needs to get more space. 

www.dropbox.com/gs

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

gerry_51
New member | Level 2

Thank you.  I infer from your reply that if he has a free 2 GB account, for example, that 2 GB limit is in effect regardless of where in Dropbox he's uploading stuff, whether his own folders, my folders, or anyone else's? 

Mark
Super User II

Yes, that is correct.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    gerry_51 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?