cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer a friend bonus data not received

refer a friend bonus data not received

poojajain
Explorer | Level 3

refer a friend bonus data not received for any of my referrals since 2018. today also I sent referral and the other person accepted the referral, created account and installed dropbox but my account says ineligible.

Does anyone have any idea about it? I can't find any option to email support.

33 Replies 33

Mark
Super User II

Have they installed it on to a unique computer? It has to be a totally unique one? 

How much referral space have you already had @poojajain ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

poojajain
Explorer | Level 3

yes I know that they downloaded the dropbox app as a part of accepting the referral and then installed it.

I don't know how much space I received from referrals but as I said earlier, I did not get extra space for some of my referrals and that is why I didn't sent referral to anyone from last 2 years but this time, I knew that someone was not using dropbox app so I sent referral link. But it seems like referral space is only provided for first few referrals only.

is there a limit of how much space can be given as referral bonus? can you help me get the referral bonus?

Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@poojajain wrote:

is there a limit of how much space can be given as referral bonus?

Yes, there is. You can earn up to 32 referrals. If you're on the Basic plan, each referral earns you 500 MB of space.

I know that they downloaded the dropbox app as a part of accepting the referral and then installed it.

But did they install it on a computer (not a mobile device), and did that computer ever have Dropbox installed on it before? It must be installed on a unique computer. Mobile devices don't count towards referrals.

poojajain
Explorer | Level 3

I did not referr so many people yet

yes this person installed on a computer and he did not have dropbox earlier.

are you from support team? can you check and give me that bonus space?

Thanks

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @poojajain, did this person also sign in to the Dropbox application with their account?

What's the referral's status on your plan page here?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Geoff S.10
Helpful | Level 5

I referred my son to Dropbox and he's happily using it, but I have not received the 500MB bonus.  How long does it take to receive it?

Also, I understand there's a bonus for downloading and installing Passwords.  Is there a special link for this?  I just installed Passwords but did not see anywhere to request a bonus.

Thanks,

Geoff

Mark
Super User II

For the referral what does www.dropbox.com/referral_status show?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Geoff S.10
Helpful | Level 5

It says he did not yet install Dropbox, but this is my son's account and he uses my computer, so there will not be a separate install.  I have taught him how to log in and out of his Dropbox so we don't get our accounts confused.

Rich
Super User II

@Geoff S.10 wrote:

It says he did not yet install Dropbox, but this is my son's account and he uses my computer, so there will not be a separate install.

For a referral to be eligible, Dropbox must be installed on a unique computer (one that hasn't had Dropbox installed previously, and mobile devices do not count). Having him sign in on your computer would cause the referral to be ineligible.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    paolananne New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?