cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

after updating to MacOS 12.3 I have not been able to open project files (Premiere/After Effects) without errors of not finding files that are in dropbox as 'online only'. Prior to the Mac update all files would auto download to be on my machine locally. I know there's an issue with full support for OS 12.3... any updates or solutions folks have found?

thanks 

91 Replies 91

funwin
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Walter, my understanding if we enable the new Mac OS api (how to guide here - https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-for-teams ) 

it will fix the problem? 

The dropbox article notes:

Your device must be running macOS 12.5 or later to use Dropbox for macOS on File Provider. However, using macOS 13+ is strongly recommended.

What if not every computer on your company teams is running MacOS 13+   ?? 

Planet Nutshell
Helpful | Level 6

That isn’t a solution anyway. The file provider option isn’t in my settings, nor is it present for many others as far as I know. We’re supposed to "contact our sales rep." Who is that? 

Planet Nutshell
Helpful | Level 6

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well, and thanks for your continued patience. 

I also wanted to share this Help Center article with you, which contains more details on the Dropbox support for macOS on File Provider.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Pookeyblow
Collaborator | Level 8

When are we getting this update? This is insane. Nothing works like it used to!

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 6

Okay seriously is this update just not happening? 

This has gone on far too long, and then some. All the while we've been paying the same price, wasting so much time on a daily basis having to manually click to sync files - something that DID work properly when I first became a Dropbox customer.

If it's not coming I'd prefer to just know and begin the process of switching to something else. We're coming up on a year of this thread existing, for most of which time Dropbox has given timelines for implementation that never did happen. 

I think it's fair to say we've been more than patient with Dropbox here and I'm quite shocked at this coming from such a big company, seriously what is going on???? Hello????

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @j2762mm, sorry to hear about that, and I see where you're coming from!

We definitely listen to your needs because it allows us to fully appreciate how Dropbox fits into and influences your daily routine.

I wanted to ask if you're using macOS on File Provider, where your Dropbox folder must be located in ~/Library/CloudStorage. 

Let me know more, thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

To my knowledge, no. In fact, in the settings I can now see a message saying I'm not eligible for File Provider at this time. 

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello? Dropbox? Anybody there? TWO YEARS for a major feature that was broken and has taken way way longer than promised to fix it. So it's not coming? Can you just give some clarity here so we can decide what to do? I didn't want to switch but this is absurd. 

Planet Nutshell
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Let’s transition this thread to discussing the best alternatives to Dropbox. What are we thinking? Google Drive, Box, iCloud? I’d love to know the best ones out there so I can start the migration. 

Need more support?