cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken links in InDesign files on macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Broken links in InDesign files on macOS Monterey 12.3.1

RobWilkins
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi there,

I've been happily working with Indesign files in Dropbox for a year now where my files are all stored Online Only. It used to be the case that Dropbox would automatically relink all the supporting files that are stored on Dropbox.com Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 08.18.07.pngand I would be able to edit the InDesign file. Recently, upon opening an InDesign file all the links to picture files etc are broken. 

Added to that, when I try to relink the files through InDesign I get a message that reads: Import Failed! (see attachment). My Dropbox App says that the files I am trying to relink are all Zero Bytes. When I access my account at Dropbox.com the files are all good.

The only way I seems that I can relink my files is if I download them to my iMac.

I'm currently using Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1.

Any ideas?

67 Replies 67

ejpeg
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

When will this befixed? It is August 2023 and after the macos 13.5 I again have this issue.

All my links in Indesign are also broken now. I hate Dropbox so much right know. This is costing me hours and hours. Deadlines not being met. And why are the links broken? The path hasn't changed? Library>CloudStorage>Dropbox same as it was before the update.

Leel
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Because of this issue, my team is now testing a different cloud service. Hopefully, the new one works!

Michbluesky
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Our team is also experiencing this frustration and it's a time sink. When it first happened, we were willing to wait on a solution but it seems we will have to look for an ALTERNATIVE to Dropbox. If you find a good alt to Dropbox, please post here. 

jackiemarie37
Explorer | Level 4

What are the alternatives? This issue is killing our productivity and since we're almost 2 years after the issue started and no solutions, we have got to figure an alternative. Any advice would be great!

jackiemarie37
Explorer | Level 4

Is Dropbox still "actively" working on a solution? we're 18 months into this mess and it's costing us time and money. What is the latest update on this?

tobiasknecht
Helpful | Level 6

Ich konnte bei uns seit Kurzem die Dropbox-Version für MacOS für File Provider installieren. Jetzt funktioniert alles wieder wie früher – endlich!

tobiasknecht
Helpful | Level 6

I was recently able to install the Dropbox version for MacOS for File Provider. Now everything works like before - finally!

CChesnutt
Helpful | Level 7

This update has not been made available to my team, so, we still suffer. 

tobiasknecht
Helpful | Level 6

If you go to "Settings" in the "Admin console" and then click on "Sync", you can activate the item "Dropbox for macOS on File Provider". I then had to log out of my business and private accounts in the Dropbox app on my Mac. I also uninstalled the Dropbox app, deleted the Dropbox folders on my Mac and then reinstalled the app (I don't know if this step was necessary). After logging in again, Dropbox asked me if I wanted to work with the new version for macOS on File Provider. Now Dropbox is working as I expect it should. 

RobWilkins
Helpful | Level 6

That's great news for you. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer for my solution…Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 10.02.31.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Beauriz Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Genie123 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?