cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I turn off the warning that my Dropbox is almost full?

dolphin_fan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This question most surely have been answered already but I couldn't find any such answer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@fromo wrote:

@310EI, I don't think you understoud our point.  If I have 2 GB of dropbox storage, I want to use 1.95 GB without getting annoying messages every day.

If I get 2.5 GB through referrals, I want to use 2.45 GB without getting annoying messages every day.

There is nothing wrong with "my dropbox being almost full" unless I need to put more stuff in it.

Hello, @fromo...

I do understand, but unfortunately it's something you have to deal with when using a free account (close to your storage quota ceiling).  It's no differnet than dealing with ads or pop-ups using other free services (upgrade to plus account).

I was merely offering a suggestion as a FREE work-around from receiving those daily messages since you cannot stop them (as @Mark pointed-out).

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Where is the message?

If you mean on the client itself (i.e. the software on your computer), no you cannot. Sorry

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dolphin_fan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yes on the app client on my Macbook. It keeps nagging every they. I wish there was some kind of hack or workaround. There must the tens of thousands of people who got this problem.

fromo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It is very annoying.  It doesn't matter at all that I am using 95% of my space. Isn't that the point? 

What matters is that I am not increasing from 95% at all.  I am adding small files and removing other small files, and I don't intend to pay dropbox a monthly fee to remove an annoying message.

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

Hello, @dolphin_fan and @fromo...

As @Mark pointed out, you cannot prevent that warning from occurring when using the Desktop Client.  However, in case you're not aware, you can turn-off email notifications (view screenshot and possible work-around below).

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

POSSIBLE WORK-AROUND:  The only FREE work-around to get the Desktop Client warning to stop, would be to have friends sign-up for a free Dropbox account via a referral from you (receive 500MB storage space each if all 4-steps are completed).

You can refer to this forum post to learn how to accomplish that mission... should you choose to accept it.

fromo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@310EI, I don't think you understoud our point.  If I have 2 GB of dropbox storage, I want to use 1.95 GB without getting annoying messages every day.

If I get 2.5 GB through referrals, I want to use 2.45 GB without getting annoying messages every day.

There is nothing wrong with "my dropbox being almost full" unless I need to put more stuff in it.

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@fromo wrote:

Hello, @fromo...

I do understand, but unfortunately it's something you have to deal with when using a free account (close to your storage quota ceiling).  It's no differnet than dealing with ads or pop-ups using other free services (upgrade to plus account).

I was merely offering a suggestion as a FREE work-around from receiving those daily messages since you cannot stop them (as @Mark pointed-out).

sl0
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That is just indecent approach.

Dropbox says I have X space with such usability blablabla, BUT the reality is I have 85% of X, or 100% X with everyday spam.

Bright D.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The workaround I use is: copy important files to GoogleDrive (OneDrive, or similar) and use less (or none) Dropbox. So you will release the space from Dropbox and nagging will stop - for free. Moreover, dropbox recently introduced a new severe limitation: It wont synchronize anymore for free if you have more than 3 (not sure of exact number) machines syncing. Very big reason to use it less and less. There are many providers on the market, not just dropbox and gdrive. It is quite easy to switch if they introduce severe limits.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bright D. New member | Level 2
    sl0 New member | Level 2
    310EI Super User
    fromo New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?