cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open files in 3ds MAX that are on Dropbox

Can't open files in 3ds MAX that are on Dropbox

NikLG
Explorer | Level 4

**Just thought I'd edit this top post**
I think this has been resolved quietly by either Dropbox or Autodesk, as I no longer have any problems

with syncing or anything.

Hello all,

Similar to this issue :-

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/3D-Studio-Max-Files-won-t-open-from-Dropbox-fo...

( if not identical.. )

I recently moved over to a new PC, and since then I have been having loads of issues opening older ( older than my new PC ) files that are stored on Dropbox. I never had any issues before, and for some reason, some files do work...

My setup is identical, as far as MAX and Dropbox are concerned at least.

There is no issue with missing or corrupt files, or versions of 3ds MAX.

I get this error ( file names redacted...):-

NikLG_0-1636649324505.png

I also get similar issues with some materials, where MAX can't find the texture files...

If anyone has any idea I would be very grateful. It's driving me mad. I am convinced there's some kind of simple solution 

that will have me slapping my forehead ( there may not be.. ).

Thanks !

31 Replies 31

lukaszwolenski
Explorer | Level 4

This move will solve the problem, it was the only solution that worked for me for this issue.

mariohyeah
New member | Level 2

The reason didn't work for me was that i had kind of mess of local-online folders. Being online the main folder and local the textures one, let's say.
So, I make the project root folder local again, the next too, until the textures folder. Then I can make the rest, not interested, online

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mariohyeah New member | Level 2
    lukaszwolenski Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Gika New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?