cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Choosing Android folders to automatically sync to Camera Uploads

Choosing Android folders to automatically sync to Camera Uploads

Roy M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Today, Dropbox started uploading all of the videos on my phone's SD card (movies, TV shows, etc.) to the Camera Uploads folder. I do not want this to happen. I do want the videos I take with my phone to by synced, but not the movies and TV shows I put on there. I'm looking for a way (just like how the Google+ Photos app works) to select which folders on my phone get backed up to Camera Uploads so I don't get these videos (or for that matter all the wallpapers I've downloaded) synced across all of my computers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox automatic camera upload feature uploads all photos or videos from the “Camera” folder of your Gallery app. Unfortunately, you cannot choose which folder on your mobile device the camera upload feature uploads from. However, I will make sure to pass this feedback along to the engineers.

I'm afraid if you are syncing other folders it is because of a third party app. You will need to review which apps you have linked in order to prevent the syncing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox automatic camera upload feature uploads all photos or videos from the “Camera” folder of your Gallery app. Unfortunately, you cannot choose which folder on your mobile device the camera upload feature uploads from. However, I will make sure to pass this feedback along to the engineers.

I'm afraid if you are syncing other folders it is because of a third party app. You will need to review which apps you have linked in order to prevent the syncing.

Erika M.5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I store my photos on my microSD card on my phone. Is there any way to enable the auto upload to work on Dropbox from the microSD card instead of just the phone storage?

glassfull
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I also store images on my micro sd card which is essential because the phone storage is too small. However I notice that Dropbox is not automatically uploadeding these images. I'd love to know what suggestions there are for fixing this?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you could post it in the Find Answers section here. ]
Need more support?