cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

chance_dj
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks for posting this about 14.2. I’m running 14.2 on iPhone 8 with no issue when I use the password to open my secured document, but my wife can’t do it on her iPad running 14.2. Seems inconsistent based on other comments that it’s on one or both. I’ve had iOS 14 for about a week with no issues on this topic, and I just downloaded 14.2 on iPad for my wife yesterday, and then it quit working. I have Excel and it also opens the document with no issue, however she does not have it installed, so not sure if there’s a correlation or not. Any updates from Dropbox on this issue will be appreciated and sooner rather than later please. Thanks!

maxbx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same for me today on my Ipad and Iphone.... grrr

cglasalle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What is the fix???

Sguaraus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Actually nothing but downloading the Excel app on the phone and use it to open the protected document in dropbox. Until dropbox fix it as it was before ios14.2, of course

Stephen_NY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am having exactly the same problem.  I upgraded my iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2 yesterday.  Today I cannot open password-protected Word files on DropBox on either device.  I get the same message as was posted earlier. I can open up files without a password but not any with a password.  I hope there can be a fix or workaround for this.

RonNich
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Also having exact same issue on four separate devices after upgrade to iOS 14.2.

Yas1000
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I can’t open my file because “Decryption Failed.”
Why?

irreantum
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yep, upgraded to iOS 14.2 and I'm getting the "encryption failed (null)" error too, when trying to open a password-protected MS Word doc in my Dropbox app.

drentheman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem

Stephen_NY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I did find a temporary work around.  If you have MS Word installed as an app on your devices, you can open the document that is password-protected through Word via DropBox.  This allows your to enter the password.  I am not sure if it is the same if the issue affects Excel.  I still am hoping for an update with a fix from either Apple or DropBox.  Do the DropBox admins ever comment on these threads or is it just users?

Need more support?