cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

samker
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have all my passwords in a file in dropbox, till a few day ago I could open the file through a password without problem  on the iphone (IOS 14.2), lately I receive the message "decryption failed null" I then have to open the original word file in dropbox and it functions correctly, what is the cause of this problem?

Iaincars
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Daphne

I suggest its nothing to do with dropbox. I have the same problem opening a password protected file from my email. Its only been aproblem since I updateded my iphone to 14.2. Detatching the file from email/dropbox etc and  then opening it using excel of the iphone works fine.

Stephen_NY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Daphne, your response is not helpful.  If you have read the thread here, you can see that this is not about updating DropBox or MS.  It is about a compatability issues that is tied to iOS 14.2.  It also is not helpful to tell us to set up a ticket with Support because the Basic plan (which we have to pay for) does not allow us to set up a support ticket.  It only permits chat and email support.  Please, Daphne, get back to us on this thread about whether there can be a fix for this.  To tell us each to handle this individually is a cop-out and of no help to those of us with the Basic Plan.  It is not an individual issue but a compatability issue between DropBox and the most recent iOS update from Apple.

Iaincars
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Stephen I dont think its anything to do with dropbox. I have the same issue with files that have been nowhere near dropbox

Stephen_NY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You are right, Iancars.  It clearly seems to be a glitch with iOS 14.2. I just hope that Apple can provide a fix with a new update or that the two companies can coordinate about the problem.  Luckily I can still access the password-protected files on DropBox through Word.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Iaincars and @Stephen_NY, thanks for keeping us in the loop and for the additional information. 

Generally, for our team to have a better look into this and make sure that we investigate this accordingly for you, the best course of action is to continue via a ticket. 

If you would like to do this, we're more than happy to send you one, just give us a shout. 

Also, @samker, I moved your post here as your issue echoes what other users on this thread have described. 

Have a look around and give me a nudge if you have any questions or you'd like to further troubleshoot. 

Thanks everyone!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Stephen_NY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks, Lusil.  Please send me a ticket.  I can't quite figure out how to do this on the DropBox website.  

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries, @Stephen_NY!

I've sent you one, so when you have the chance, just check your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MissMC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi
Issue just happened.
I can access all spreadsheets on all other devices.
On iPhone I can only access unprotected excel. The protected ones says failed (null).
Please help 🙂

Deacon Art
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I am having the same problem on IPhone 11 running IOS 14.2.
Need more support?