cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @MissMC, thanks for checking in. 

I moved your post here, where other users have also described this issue. 

Have a look around at what is mentioned, and let me know if you'd like to further investigate this with us. 

Also, @Deacon Art, I'd be happy to send you a ticket if you haven't gotten in touch with our Support team yet. 

Just give me a nudge, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ltx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Sorry, I really don’t understand why Lusil or Daphne cannot be proactive and submit the trouble ticket themselves to work with Apple to get this resolved. We know it’s a problem. Many of us have described having the same issue, gave the steps to reproduce the issue, and it was reported six days ago. All the information for Dropbox to start investigating is already here.

ltx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Btw, I tried to search how to submit a ticket, but the only thing that came up was viewing ticket history. I don’t see how to submit.

Deacon Art
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Just open a ticket and fix it.

Sguaraus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Totally agree with ItxLooking this like an iOS14.2 related issue, what's the use of opening a ticket with Dropbox support?? With all the issue related info available here from all the Dropbox users, Dropbox should talk directly to Apple in a much more effective way than we single Dropbox user can do. 

206SA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, I have same . I have similar problem after update to iOS 14.2. Anybody has found solution?

Iaincars
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Yes. I assume you have excel (office 365) also installed on your phone. When you get the null error message select the icon at top righthand side of screen. Its the square with upward arrow. You should then see excel as an option. Select this, enter file password and it works fine. Same for pw protected word files.

bec3116
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Me too

tflynn
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
My situation was the same as JohnK2 experienced

tflynn
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I tried an experiment. I put 2 excel spreadsheets on Dropbox. 1 of them I password protected, the other one I didn’t password protect. I was able to open the one that I didn’t password protect, but was unable to open the one that was password protected. I am able to open the password protected one on my computer, but not on my I-phone
Need more support?