cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

rvanloan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue.  

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @alvileomatthew, I moved your post here where other users have expressed the same issue. 

Have a look at what is mentioned and let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PGreg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Is there a solution for “Decryption fails running iOS 14.2” yet?

The problem was originally posted in November but still persists.

DB56
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having the same problem, can someone please tell me what to do to fix this issue so I can use my Dropbox on my phone.

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Yes, read every post and you'll find a workaround!

bergmanteam
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Install Excel on your iPhone and you can open password protected/encrypted files with no problem.

Wyn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I loaded Excel onto my iPad Air and it still comes up with the Decryption Fail error message. This has to be a Dropbox issue as too many people are experiencing the same proble.

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Please read all the posts. This is NOT a drop box issue. You should be able to open the document with excel or office for iOS. It is occurring with many apps including Microsoft one drive. Apple has changed they way the handle password protected office docs. I beg you to take the time to read the full thread.

CEBR
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have iPad and iPhone. You cannot open within Dropbox but need to send it to the Excel app from Dropbox with the boxed arrow icon. Once in the Excel app you open with your encryption password.

bergmanteam
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

WOW that wasn't a very helpful answer since there are hundreds of posts and not many direct answers. I found a work around but not an answer to fix the problem.

Need more support?