cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Discontinuing rendering of HTML content

Discontinuing rendering of HTML content

Perry P.
New member | Level 2

Got email notice from dropbox that they are discontinuing HTML rendering.  This is going to cause major issues for my wife since she uses this to distribute info and files to her students.  We are running a basic account and would be willing to upgrade to a paid account to retain this feature, but this policy seems to be across all account levels.

Any advice on alternatives?

54 Replies 54

Jigs G.
Helpful | Level 5
Looks like a nice service, but a bit rich for my blood... I just want to share two or three web pages a year from dropbox to clients, that's it.

Rich
Super User II

Jigs G. wrote:
I just want to share two or three web pages a year from dropbox to clients, that's it.

Dropbox isn't a webhosting service, and was never intended to be one. If you need to serve a webpage then you really should be using a web hosting service. The right tool for the job...

Jigs G.
Helpful | Level 5
But that's the point Rich, if I want to share some HTML that's generated from some app, like MindJet, I don't want to build a website for that, or upload to an existing one. I just want the share-ee to be able to view it. The default should be to download the file if clicked, not just spin forever as the browser tries to load the HTML file. Yes, there is a download click, but a HTML 5 interactive file from MindJet, just spins out.

ChrisPy
New member | Level 2

@Jigs G. wrote:
But that's the point Rich, if I want to share some HTML that's generated from some app, like MindJet, I don't want to build a website for that, or upload to an existing one. I just want the share-ee to be able to view it. The default should be to download the file if clicked, not just spin forever as the browser tries to load the HTML file. Yes, there is a download click, but a HTML 5 interactive file from MindJet, just spins out.

Did you ever find an answer to this? thsi is exactly what I want to do ....

I would like to convert a mindjet mind map to a html in a private folder .... for personal viewing only ... any suggestions how this can be done with mindjet and drop box (esp where there are links in the pages)?

Interested in using the html pages and information on a mobile device rather than desktop computer ....

Rich
Super User II

@ChrisPy wrote:

any suggestions how this can be done with mindjet and drop box (esp where there are links in the pages)?

There is no way to serve an HTML page from Dropbox and have it render in a browser (computer or mobile). You can only download the HTML file.

Need more support?