cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download fails at 315mb every time

Download fails at 315mb every time

PatrickF
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have uploaded 10 1GB  files. When people (including me) try to download them they fail at 315mb, every time. Why is this happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi all

Thanks for your patience on this. I have great news!

Our dev team has identified the issue and fixed it. The fix is now being rolled out.

Thanks again for reporting and being vigilants of our community 🙂

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

77 Replies 77

TheZimbo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please can anyone explain why I cannot directly download a large file shared by a colleague.

It's very frustrating and extremely shortsighted by DB if they have created this limitation. Why not have a value added service of sharing files like WeTransfer as well as storage and sync-sharing. It seems very logical wouldn't you agree!

PRH
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Its a 1.4 GB zip file and it stops at around 330MB with the message 'Cannot parse response'. Ive tried Safari and Firefox. I use a Mac pro. What does this mean?

Vivian
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for posting on Dropbox Forum!

It seems like you´re trying to download a large file. If you are trying to download it from dropbox.com, please note that it´s not possible to download an entire folder that´s over 1 GB.

If the folder is in your account you can use the Dropbox desktop application to download the file to your computer automatically. For more information ckeck out this Help Center article:

www.dropbox.com/help/49

Hope this helps! Let us know if your download was successful.

Thanks,

Vivian

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
🙂

Vivian
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I´d like to ask, are you downloading these files from the Dropbox desktop application or from dropbox.com? Also, are you receiving any error messages?

In the event that you are trying to download all 10 files at once from the website, it will not succeed because currently it isn´t possible to download folders that contain more than 10,000 files or are larger than 1 GB via the web interface. If you are trying to download them one by one and the downloading gets stuck, could you try switching browsers and see if it works?

For more info on file sizes check out https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/5.

Otherwise, I'd suggest installing the Dropbox desktop application (http://www.dropbox.com/install) and then let the files sync on your computer. 

Keep me posted! I´d love to know if your download was successful. 🙂

Thanks,

Vivian

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
🙂

PatrickF
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Vivian,

Thanks for the response.

It is happening on multiple computers and multiple diffferent browsers from people trying to download around the world.

It is purely one file at a time not all at once.

And they each fail at 315mb, every time. Both through desktop and the app.

What could the reason be? This has caused so many issues!

Thanks,
Patrick

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Have you checked to see its uploaded fully?

The desktop app doesnt show when a file fails, so, if its downloading (and then showing) a 315mb file Dropbox believes that is the full file

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Just thinking, as you cannot see file size online, have you used 10gb of space at www.dropbox.com/account for the files?
Have they got a green tick on your computer if you uploaded via the desktop software?

What soft of software are they? They arent videos are they that somebody could be accidentally downloading the preview of instead of the actual one?

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

PatrickF
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I have 1TB of space so that's not the issue. The files are in a .zip so it's not a video preview. And they have been fully uploaded as their file size is clearly written on the desktop version.

There is nothing wrong with the files either. They are all in excess of 1GB. And they each fail at 315mb exactly for everyone that tries to download them. It can't be a coincidence! Very frustrating any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
All I can suggest then is to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for assistance. Replies may take a few days (especially with it being the holidays), but, you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    spinx New member | Level 2
    Laureline Community Manager
    robertgelston New member | Level 2
    Petr_Falek Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?