cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Failure to direct download a large file

Download fails at 315mb every time

PatrickF
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have uploaded 10 1GB  files. When people (including me) try to download them they fail at 315mb, every time. Why is this happening?

77 Replies 77

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello, 

Thanks for posting in our forum! 

Are you still experiencing the problem? 

If so, can you give me a bit more detail on what exactly the situation is? 

What type of file is it? 

How large is the file, in MB or GB? 

Are you seeing any error messages when the download fails? 

You can also write to us at http://bit.ly/1K3sAVW so that our support team can investigate further. 

Thanks

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Jens_DK
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It is true that thread starter can do a helpdesk case, but it would be nice to have the solution published here too. I am having the same problem - only, I got the stop point down as more like 336 mb every time.

I have a 1 TB account (abt 10% used), and at issue is 5 *.iso files of about 3.2 gb a piece. It worked fine as recently as a couple of weeks ago, and the files have not been changed.

Please do not suggest installing the desktop client, because the whole idea of having Dropbox in the first place was so that people without a subscription or without the required 16 GB space available could download them via a browser. If not, the whole scheme goes kaput.

Hope to hear a comment on whether this is a temporary problem or something worse?

ManMadeMan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Same issue here, and many people I know have the same problem, one file download stalls at 315mb.

ManMadeMan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
This needs to be fixed. Any single file over 315MB is stalling, loads of people are reporting this issue.

Petr_Falek
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same problem.
Help Center does not solve the problem.
I have on my Dropbox stores a plurality of files size from 400 to 800 MB. The files have the download link.
These links are available to my colleagues.

I must again draw attention to a major problem. Now you can not download large files. Downloading is aborted on the size of 315 megabytes error - network error. Please give a quick solution. Otherwise I'll have to leave Dropbox. Thank you very much. Petr Falek

austinhayden
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the exact same issue. I am only attempting to download one .wav file at a time from a shared folder (just under 400MB), but when it reaches 315MB, it stalls. There is no error message. It simply ceases to download. I have plenty of room in my Dropbox folder, my harddrive, etc, etc. 

I have been able to have the file sent to a shared Google Drive account and the download worked perfectly. So it isn't a corrupt file. 

Any help would be most appreciated. 

Thank you

Austin

Harry_S
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am also having the exact same issue. All files larger than 315mb will stop downloading on 315mb exactly. Anything smaller will download and complete quickly. 

I have checked my Internet connection which is working fine, I downloaded a 14gb from another website yesterday, and this issue is only happening with Dropbox. Please get this sorted ASAP! I have files I cannot access which are needed for a project due in on monday, and I literally paid a months subscription so I was able to download them! 

Any help greatly appreciated.

Petr_Falek
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
It is clear system error Dropbox. I am very surprised that it does not deal with the service provider and does not communicate with us. This is very incorrect.
Your files should also be on your computer.
C: \ Users \ username \ Dropbox \ ...
PF

Petr_Falek
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It is clear system error Dropbox. I am very surprised that it does not deal with the service provider and does not communicate with us. This is very incorrect.

Your files should also be on your computer. ....C: \ Users \ username \ Dropbox \ ...

ManMadeMan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I can't belive that there is still no word from dropbox on this, I pay for this service! No answer here, no answer on emails, no answer on facebook, it's totally unprofessional

ETA:  just got this..

Hi Sonya, thanks for posting on our Facebook page about this issue! Our engineers are currently looking into this issue and making sure it gets resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Need more support?