cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I access my old files with a full account?

How do I access my old files with a full account?

scrubfowl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Not sure about location of this message, but

I had dropbox years ago for school. Since then I think they down graded the space so I have like 9gigs/2gigs. I'm trying to just download my stuff (really just look around to see what's there) (and not use dropbox for dropbox since I don't need those services anymore).

Can I not access this content (even see it) because I have no space? Online, my account says there are 2 files in my dropbox (which is certainty not correct). 

I'm not sure how to contact DB directly to ask them... 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scrubfowl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I haven't seen this page yet! It says I have 675KB from my files and 8.7 gigs shared. So all my space is from shared files-and now I see I have two videos in there. 
I was confused because I thought I had a lot of space used but I couldn't see any of my files. Surprised two videos are that much space. Now to figure out how to unshare myself...

Thanks for helping me! Seems all my original files are gone. Which is sort of lame considering I thought DB was supposed to be longer term than that.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @scrubfowl 

You can download without needing quota - just go to www.dropbox.com/home and download HOWEVER unless you've logged in within the past 12 the accounts are removed. 

You can see what has happened to files etc. IF the account is still active at www.dropbox.com/events

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

scrubfowl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

But there are only two files that i can download? I don't see anything else but dropbox says I have almost 9gigs used. Where are the other files?
Also, the events only go back 1 year but I used dropbox ~10 years ago....

So this didn't work.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @scrubfowl, how are you today?

When was the last time you accessed this account, prior to you accessing it now? If it was inactive for a long time, it might have been terminated. 

Also, is it possible that you're now accessing a new Dropbox account, hence it's empty?

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

scrubfowl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

2020 I accessed a shared document (I believe). Before then would have been like 2016.

If it was terminated why would it say my space is full?

The account was correct.

Thanks!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @scrubfowl, sorry to jump in, but could you clarify what exactly is reported in your plan tab at the moment?

Also, do you see any files or folders taking up space in your homepage or your backups page perhaps? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

scrubfowl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I haven't seen this page yet! It says I have 675KB from my files and 8.7 gigs shared. So all my space is from shared files-and now I see I have two videos in there. 
I was confused because I thought I had a lot of space used but I couldn't see any of my files. Surprised two videos are that much space. Now to figure out how to unshare myself...

Thanks for helping me! Seems all my original files are gone. Which is sort of lame considering I thought DB was supposed to be longer term than that.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@scrubfowl wrote:

Now to figure out how to unshare myself...

Need more support?